Details: Under current Cambodian Law, expatriate staff are not required to pay income tax in Cambodia.
56, Group 10, Wat Bo Sala Kamreuk Village
Are you a manager and leader who relishes challenge and is looking for a unique opportunity? Could you combine your amazing program and general management skills to help develop a growing organisation doing really worthwhile work? Would you like the opportunity to travel, explore and experience a rich local culture? With 29 public holidays a year, plus a healthy annual leave entitlement, you could do it all from a base in beautiful Cambodia, the home of Angkor Wat. So if you are someone with the program management, development and implementation skills that will position our organisation to be the best it can be, if you are a strategic thinker with a passion for working with families to help them face the challenges of poverty and of family disruption caused by violence or conflict with the law, or you have a strong interest in research, monitoring and evaluation and understand the vital role this plays in developing and delivering programs that make communities stronger and more resilient, let’s talk - we want to hear from you.
We are a community development organisation with programs focused in three practice areas:
We work with communities who have the greatest challenges yet the desire and the drive to enact change.
We are registered in Cambodia as an International NGO, as a Public Benevolent Institution in Australia, and we’re Governance and Professional Practice (GPP) certified by the Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (CCC).
We have been here for 10 years. We are growing and we are looking for people who will work with us to keep us focused and on track in program design and delivery, today and into the future.
What are these jobs about?
Reporting to TLC’s Deputy Director, Section Leads serve as a support between Senior Management and program implementation levels. They are responsible for the overall leadership and management of program coordination activities across each of the section’s programming areas. Through effective collaboration with Program Coordinators the Section Lead is responsible for program planning and scheduling; setting targets and deliverables; devising and managing budgets to ensure adequate resourcing; overseeing donor reporting requirements; providing technical expertise and helping solve practice issues where necessary; decision making; and promoting and enhancing the visibility of the programs throughout relevant networks to ensure successful overall program implementation.
- The full-time hours for this role are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday only.
- 29 Public holidays in Cambodia Annually
- 14.5 days annual leave.
- Phone card of $10 monthly
- TLC will pay 50% of the monthly account fees of accounts held at ANZ Cambodia and the employee is responsible for the other 50%. Account fees are $1USD per month.
- After successful completion of Probation period TLC offers all employees the opportunity to join the TLC Savings Scheme
- Employees are entitled up to 10 days paid sick leave per twelve month period on full pay.
- All TLC employees are eligible for bonus/incentives including a one month bonus paid annually (subject to satisfactory performance).
- TLC will reimburse costs to a maximum of $600USD for insurance to cover expatriate employees for each twelve month period.
- TLC may reimburse costs to a maximum of $500USD for relocation in some circumstances.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English with exceptional written and oral competence
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful applicant will be expected to commit to a minimum contract period of between 18 months to 2 years.
Only applications received via our online recruitment system will be accepted. Applicants can access the job description for this position from our website at http://www.thislifecambodia.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
● Submit your application online using the embedded link on our Careers page. Click on the embedded link (it appears as a green highlighted word)
● Select the role for which you are applying
● Supply the information as requested on the application form. All questions with an asterisk* are mandatory.
● You may be required to answer questions that address the criteria. You will be able to attach all your answers in a single word or pdf format document. All other questions on the form will need to answer in one sitting.
● Attach your CV, and if you wish to add a cover letter it must be included with your CV, as a single document. (1 megabyte limit in total). Please do not upload any other documentation such as training certificates unless we request them.
● Scroll to the end of the page and click Submit.
● You should see a message in the top right hand corner ”Application Successfully Submitted". If you do not see that message it normally means either you have not answered all questions as required or have loaded documents that are too large. If you have any difficulty, please contact us at careers@thislifecambodia and we will get in touch with you to assist you to lodge online.
We will be looking at applications on a rolling basis and only applicants who progress to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further.