The Impact Manager must be an organizational culture junkie, a leadership/management guru, and a diligent coach for AmeriCorps members. This individual is responsible for leading a team of AmeriCorps members through a full-time school-based service program with goals of keeping students on track to graduate, establishing positive relationships with schools partners, and providing a leadership development experience for AmeriCorps members. The Impact Manager will lead, manage, and coach a team of 8-12 AmeriCorps members through a ten-month journey of learning, reflection and service to build the AmeriCorps members’ civic capacity and civic identity. Impact Managers report to the Impact Director and meet regularly with peers and department leadership to share promising practices, challenges and resources.
• Lead, manage, and coach a team of AmeriCorps members to implement City Years’ service model, which balances the delivery of the whole-school support and small group and one-on-one for at-risk students at assigned Tulsa school.
• Identify and enroll students for targeted focus support in attendance, behavior, English Language Arts, math, and afterschool.
• Monitor and analyze student-level data to identify trends and improve whole-school and small group support, ensuring student program completion and improvement in targeted area.
• Share promising practices related to service delivery with Impact Manager primary team.
Service Partner Management:
• Build and cultivate a strong partnership with faculty, staff, and community at assigned Tulsa school.
• Work with school and City Year Tulsa leadership members to secure, plan, and lead quarterly meetings and subsequent follow-ups throughout the year to integrate City Year as a partner and establish structured time to communicate shared goals and review progress toward goals.
• Key quarterly meetings include start-of-year goals meeting to establish partnership parameters, City Year orientation and onboarding training with teachers, mid-year progress meeting, and end-of-year debrief meeting to review partnership successes, challenges, and improvement areas for the upcoming year.
• Use student data strategically to gain school support for AmeriCorps member service delivery initiatives.
• Coach AmeriCorps members on developing productive partnerships with school faculty, staff, and community.
• Meet or exceed service partner satisfaction goals as indicated by mid and end-of-year service partner surveys.
• Access and leverage community resources in support of City Year Tulsa.
AmeriCorps Member Program Delivery:
• Inspire the team to embrace a culture of power and idealism using City Year leadership tools, team building exercises, rituals, and best practices
• Lead, manage, and coach AmeriCorps member team throughout their leadership development experience.
• Ensure ongoing AmeriCorps member participation in and application of City Year’s learning and development curriculum.
• Use City Year’s Performance Management tools to set performance expectations, identify strengths, and development opportunities, and partner with each AmeriCorps member on a development plan to maximize leadership potential.
• Identify and seek resources to address learning gaps needed to deliver effective service.
• Meet weekly with Team Leader to review status of team’s service delivery, service partner management, and overall leadership development experience.
• Meet with each AmeriCorps member bi-weekly to review individual performance and development progress.
• Conduct mid-year and end-of-year performance reviews with each AmeriCorps member.
To learn more, read City Year Boston’s blog post, “What Does a Program Manager Do, Exactly?”
Participate in Organizational Initiatives:
• Devote up to ten regular working days a year to AmeriCorps member recruitment interviews.
• Assist as needed with Opening Day, MLK Day, Annual Gala, Global Youth Service Day, and other site-wide designated events.
• Attend overnight events including Summer Academy (a conference for all City Year staff held in Boston for one week in the summer), and other local and national events.
• Bachelor’s degree or adequate years of relevant experience.
• Experience coaching young people and working with diverse populations.
• One plus year(s) experience working in a school setting preferred.
• Previous experience working in teams or leading teams to achieve common goals.
• Previous experience building successful partnerships to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
• Strong written and oral communication skills; demonstrated active listening skills.
• Strong problem solving, time, and project management skills; ability to prioritize projects and tasks, assess, and deploy resources.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
• Willingness to take on new challenges, pursue self-development and self-directed learning.
• Passion for working with urban youth and developing young leaders, strong connection to the values of Idealism, Integrity, Perseverance, Inclusiveness, Empathy, and
Flexibility and passion for National Service, Education Reform and City Year’s Mission.
The Impact Manager must be an organizational culture junkie, a leadership/management guru, and a diligent coach for AmeriCorps members. This individual is responsible for leading a team of AmeriCorps members through a full-time…
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid…
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through…