Requisition ID: req2234
Job Title: Job Training AmeriCorps
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-Seattle, WA
The IRC in Seattle: Job Training AmeriCorps
LOCATION: SeaTac, WA
START DATE: September 25, 2018
DURATION: 1 year
YEARLY STIPEND: $14,500.00
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to survivors of war, persecution and natural disaster.
Scope of Service:
The Job Training AmeriCorps is a one-year position responsible for managing the provision of vocational English instruction, job readiness orientations and vocational training services to improve client capacity to obtain and retain employment. This position will report to the Employment Program Coordinator.
* Expand upon existing job training curriculum.
* Implement and conduct vocational training courses that include ESL, cultural and workplace orientation, mock interviews, creation of resumes, and job skills development sessions.
* Keep accurate attendance records and client pre- and post-assessments.
* Track client progress in ETO.
* Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
* Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities.
* Recruit, train and supervise volunteers from specific sectors (such as retail sales, maintenance, hospitality, light manufacturing and food service) to conduct mentoring sessions with clients.
* Training or experience in adult education, workforce development or TESOL is preferred.
* Experience working with external partners and volunteers to accomplish tasks/goals.
* Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English. Bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base is desired.
* Proven success achieving goals and working effectively with all levels of staff in a multicultural environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
* Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident and authorized to work in the U.S.
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must have a high school diploma or be willing to earn one while serving (undergraduate degree strongly preferred)
* Must commit to one full year of service
Upon completion of service, AmeriCorps will be eligible for an education award of approx.. $6.095.
Minimum Education Required