755 Ocean Ave.
Lick-Wilmerding High School seeks a part time Physics Teacher for the 2018–19 school year. (40% FTE).
- Teach 2 sections of Physics to 11th and 12th graders.
- Classes meet every other day for 75 minute blocks.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Two years of teaching experience at the high school level.
- A deep passion and knowledge of the subject matter.
- A commitment to hands-on, student-centered teaching practices.
We seek teachers who are committed to differentiated instruction—can help students with diverse learning styles and educational backgrounds achieve the goals and objectives of the curriculum—and who are committed to equitable teaching practices in the classroom. The ideal candidate is thoughtful, energetic, passionate about teaching and learning, and a great collaborator who is able to engage in curriculum development with the team. We are also looking for genuine, kind colleagues and all-around "school people" who want to participate in and contribute to our vibrant community.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Be sure to include—all in PDF format— a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for three references. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Discuss a technique you have used in your teaching to ensure that every student has an equal opportunity to learn and engage with the material.
- Why do you think that the subject matter (physics) is relevant and important to students' lives, whether or not they end up in science related careers?
The application process begins immediately and is open until filled. No calls or emails, please.