19 Clarendon Street
The Part-Time Studio Administrator is an integral part of the Boston Ballet School (BBS) administration team and provides support on BBS customer service and day-to-day operational needs. He/she will primarily work in our Boston, Newton or North Shore location; the ideal candidate will be able to work in multiple studio locations. He/she will act as the main point of contact for faculty, staff, and customers on nights and weekends during Boston Ballet School classes. He/she will maintain a positive, comfortable environment in the studio and communicate regularly to the studio managers and other school full time staff and faculty regarding all operations. He/she will develop and maintain positive relations with parents and students and assist the BBS team in enrolling and retaining prospective and existing customers. Nights and weekends required. If interested, please submit your materials to us no later than August 3, 2018 for priority consideration.
- Act as first point of contact to all constituents entering Boston Ballet buildings. Maintaining a friendly, welcoming environment.
- Maintaining positive relations and open communication with parents and students and all Boston Ballet School staff.
- Answering phone calls and assisting with all school related questions.
- Preparing, scheduling, and following-up on all placement/trial auditions.
Administrative Duties and Operations
- Maintaining student attendance records, including recording absences, scheduling make-up classes, and submitting monthly attendance reports.
- Assist administrative staff in registration process.
- Returning phone calls as requested.
- Maintaining all correspondence as requested by the Studio Manager and Principal.
- Collecting and recording Boston Ballet School tuition for all student and adult programs.
- Administering nightly adult classes and processing related money.
- Maintaining bulletin boards.
- Monitoring lost and found items and discarding these items on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in all Boston Ballet School related performances and auditions.
- Assisting at Boston Ballet School dormitories for Pre-Professional and Summer Dance Programs as needed.
- Covering other co-workers schedules when necessary.
- Other job related assignments as required.
- Reporting maintenance and facilities updates to Studio Manager.
- Monitoring custodial needs.
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Opening and closing facility (as needed).
- Flexibility, positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with Tessitura a plus).
- Basic accounting skills.
- Strong written and verbal (phone and in person) communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with customers through various channels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Thrives in fast paced environment and excels with multi-tasking.
- Enthusiastic about working with students of all ages and passionate about art education.
- Some background and/or interest in dance/performing arts a plus.
- Ability to travel to all three school locations is preferred.
Boston Ballet is an equal employment opportunity employer
Complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet performances and discounted Ballet classes.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please. If interested, please submit your materials to us no later than August 3, 2018 for priority consideration.