Details: Salary will be commensurate with applicant’s experience and abilities.
Friends of Wabun seeks a part-time Executive Director to help fulfill the organization’s mission of providing wilderness camp opportunities to children.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Friends of Wabun according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Director performs some or all of the following:
- Partner with the Board of Directors in creating both a vision and strategic plan to guide Friends of Wabun (FoW)
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
- Serve as an advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization's activities and outreach
- Develop effective teamwork between the Executive Director and the Board.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization, in addition to various Board members
- Create and conduct official correspondence on behalf of the organization and the Board as appropriate.
- Represent FoW at fundraising and community activities.
Operational planning and management
- Ensure that the operation of FoW meets the expectations of the Board and is IRS compliant.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Responsible for the financial accounting and tracking for FoW.
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
- Develop fundraising and organizational plan incorporating goals and objectives that align with the strategic mission of FoW.
- Create seasonal/annual fundraising campaigns
- Manage social media outreach and presence (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Serve as point-person for communication with potential donors and response to contributors.
- Leadership experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Passion for outdoor/wilderness experiences and the benefits they have for kids.
- Proficient with devising and carrying out comprehensive fundraising campaigns.
- Facile with technologies such as website design/management, social media sites, and email marketing software.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Those interested in applying or seeking more information should contact Jason Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.