1617 John F Kennedy Boulevard
Business Unit: Executive
Reports To: VP, Govt & Community Relations
Posted: 10/12/2018- 10/26/2018
This position is responsible for the effective and consistent promotion of Philadelphia Works’ mission and vision; building, protecting, and enhancing Philadelphia Works’ reputation and identity. The primary responsibility is overseeing the implementation of a strategic outreach plan to increase employer and job seeker use of workforce services and to meet other organizational goals.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
· Implement an integrated outreach strategy based on a strategic plan and organizational priorities.
· Implement all aspects of outreach for Philadelphia Works including publication development and dissemination, web-based communications, social media and any other outreach related matters.
· Responsible for promoting community relations strategy and media campaign to ensure the Philadelphia Works’ message is delivered successfully.
· Utilize traditional and social media in order to build external awareness of the mission, vision and brand of Philadelphia Works by collaborating internally with management on key messaging and maximizing external outreach avenues.
· Create and deliver valuable content to target audiences which include but not limited to the Board, government officials, stakeholders, partner providers, the general public, etc.
· Implement an integrated outreach strategy with PWI Partners and execute following the goals and priorities of the strategic plan.
· Manage the budget and bidding and contracting process to choose and then manage vendors and/or pro-bono consultants for printing, advertising, photography, media relations or other outreach services.
· Research, develop, execute and evaluate multifaceted outreach/public relations plan for programs in consultation with program management. Projects may include media outreach, development of collateral material, newsletters, program identity materials, purchasing advertising, development of internet campaigns, etc.
· Establish and manage an internal communications strategy to facilitate an informed workforce within PWI and it’s affiliated Vendors. (ie. Newsletter, etc..)
· Support event planning activities for various programs, including media outreach/press relations, development of print materials, and speaking points/speeches for key participants at event and other logistics as needed.
· Support event planning activities for various programs, including media outreach/press relations, development of print materials, and speaking points/speeches for key participants at event and other logistics as needed. (ie. Board of Director Bio’s, etc…)
· Support the Grant Writing initiatives by ensuring the ‘boiler plate’ content is kept up to date and accurate.
· Assist in the development, writing and editing of agency-wide proposals and publications such as annual report, agency collateral materials, and event-related publications and agency website.
· Maintain organization’s archives including press clippings, audio and video broadcasts, and photo gallery and project files.
· Manage content for effectiveness of the Philadelphia Works website and social media.
· Coordinate organization program listings/advertisements/links in local and industry websites and directories.
· Perform other related job duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related area. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in media relations, community relations outreach or public affairs.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Human Resources Department.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which include representing Philadelphia Works to various audiences and across a variety of media.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, database management and use of social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and any design software packages and Google Analytics.
- Creative, outgoing team player with the ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Excellent grammatical, proofreading and technical writing skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Experience in brand marketing.
- Experience in proposal development.
- Ability to work effectively with representatives from the business community, labor, education and government organizations as well as the board of directors, sr. leadership and management.
- Must be detailed oriented and highly organized.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Minimum Education Required