Details: competetive salary
1) Provide grant management for the following programs and contracts: AI Queens PrEP Damian, AI Queens PrEP Northwell. This includes: overseeing contract deliverables ; monthly reporting ;creation of annual work plans; assisting the Director of PFY Program Management and Development with ongoing and annual budget management and spending; AIRS reporting; program evaluation and ongoing development; coordination of monitoring visits and serving as the point of contact for AIDS Institute contract managers.
2) Responsible for professional development and supervision of identified staff (Queens Outreach Specialist I, Queens Outreach Specialist II and YMSM Service Navigator ) via one-to-one supervision, assignment of duties, observations, coordination of training programs, orientation, appreciation events and annual performance reviews among other activities.
3) Responsible for ongoing program development of Mpower VIDA including : Psycho-social educational topics for group, recruitment and retention of potential clients for Mpower VIDA, maintaining client records including sexual health follow up dates/referrals, coordinating activities and various events for group through use of core group Mpowerment model at Mpower VIDA.
4) Maintaining and developing social media related to job functions and continued communication/promotion of related activities at programming.
5) Carry a caseload of bilingual (Spanish) clients for ongoing counseling/case management.
6) Provide linkage and referrals for appropriate services for clients in house and externally.
7) Supervise student interns as needed.
8) Other duties as assigned by Director of PFY Program Management and Development.
Master’s degree in social work and license preferred. Bachelor’s degree plus work experience with young gay and bisexual men, including HIV prevention work, individual and group counseling and/or previous outreach experience will be considered. Experience and strong skills with the supervision and ongoing training of staff is required. Proven competency providing services to young gay and bisexual men, particularly young men of color is required. Bilingual English/Spanish is also required. Strong knowledge of HIV prevention and sexual health education. Ability to engage and work collaboratively with diverse communities: health and human services, educational, communities of color, LGBT communities, and civic and religious organizations. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Work schedule requires both evening and weekend availability. Ability to manage time well and handle multiple tasks. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms. Travel throughout Nassau, Queens and Suffolk Counties is required – must have own transportation (car and driver’s license).
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please respond with resume and cover letter.