Details: Salary in the high 50's
416 West 42nd Street
Playwrights Horizons, an award winning off-Broadway theater located in the heart of Manhattan, seeks a candidate for four-person business office.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong accounting and analytical skills, an attention to detail, and desire to work with a variety of people across all departments. An interest in the arts is a plus.
Basic Job Function:
Reporting to the Controller, the Business Manager will assist in maintaining and controlling the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization to ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations and systems of internal control.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Business Office including: Annual audit, Budgeting and forecasting, and Preparation of Form 990
· Manage Business Associate
· Record accounts receivable including pledges
· Reconcile contributed & earned revenue monthly
· Prepare month end journal entries
· Prepare financial reports as needed
· Serve as payroll administer backup
· Prepare grant reports
· Account and bank Reconciliations
· Manage accounts payable
· Manage petty cash
· Manage / track credit card activity
· Manage Form W9 & Prepare Form 1099s
· Manage daily cash flow
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
· Minimum three years’ experience in non-profit required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
· Knowledge of Financial Edge software a plus
· Strong reconciliation skills required
· Strong interpersonal skills preferred
· Computer savvy a plus
Salary in the high 50's.
Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403(b), and generous paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and references to jobs@PHnyc.org with Accounting Manager in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer, and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. The organization is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.