Please visit keeptahoeblue.org/jobs for full job announcement and application instructions.
The League to Save Lake Tahoe (a.k.a. Keep Tahoe Blue) is looking for an experienced fundraising professional and team leader to join our fun and outstanding crew of environmental and nonprofit experts. This is an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned “out the door” fundraiser and self-starter with excellent communications skills who excels as a collaborator, team member and leader.
What the position involves:
- Implement and continue to grow an effective organizational fundraising plan, including overall fundraising and forecasting to attain $4 million+ annual revenue goals.
- Manage, supervise and support the Development team to ensure progress is being achieved on schedule and the team is working in collaboration with all other League departments.
- Ensure that donor and donor information is being used thoughtfully and strategically to provide a personal approach to League giving, while also enhancing development outcomes.
- Execute our formal major donor/gifts plan, including expanding stewardship efforts to include individual stewardship plans. Ensure intimate knowledge of each donor and maintain strict adherence to cultivation steps while guiding each supporter through our stewardship process.
- Develop and implement a planned giving program.
- Ensure that fundraising efforts are coordinated with our annual Benefit Fashion Show fundraising event and appropriately integrate the Benefit goals and strategies into the overall fundraising plan.
- In collaboration with the Communications Manager, develop a fundraising marketing plan that coordinates with the League’s communications, while promoting the Keep Tahoe Blue brand. Oversee fundraising communications, including all print, email and social media.
- Guide the Membership Manager in implementation of the League’s merchandise program to ensure consistency with branding, adherence to non-profit regulatory guidelines, and quality marketing of products.
- Attend meetings of various foundations, corporations, business groups and nonprofit organizations; participate in collaborative efforts related to fundraising activities.
- Assist with all development-related inquiries from program staff and external stakeholders.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Four-year college degree or higher.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in managing staff.
- Proven track record of successful solicitation and cultivation of individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Effective and compelling communicator, especially when presenting and speaking in front of board members, prospective donors, and partners.
- Proficiency with Windows, Office 365, Google Apps, and familiarity with donor management platforms, including Salesforce.
- Excellent judgement, skills to collaborate effectively with a team of diverse individuals, and rich experience motivating and mentoring staff.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed, and to accommodate frequent travel to the Bay Area and regions surrounding Lake Tahoe.
- Ability to perform portions of the job outdoors, potentially in inclement weather conditions.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with Lake Tahoe environmental and policy issues.
- Knowledge of required federal and state forms and regulations pertaining to development and fundraising.
- Experience with brand valuation.
- Experience with fundraising event execution.
- Employees are required to have a current COVID-19 vaccination.
- Employees are required to have a vehicle that is in good working order, proof of valid driving license, non-expired vehicle registration and effective insurance coverage. Travel around the Tahoe Basin, San Francisco Bay Area, Reno and Sacramento may be required.
- Position requires some physical activity such as bending, stooping, carrying and lifting up to 50 pounds.
The League is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.