The SELA Collaborative seeks a dynamic, energetic and results-oriented operations coordinator who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. The Operations Coordinator role will organize, coordinate, and manage the day to day operations of the Collabortive. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for streamlining administrative procedures, supporting in project management, board interaction and reporting. The ideal candidate must be able to work on average of 40 hours per week, including periods of more intensive work around major events, occasional weekends and evenings when needed. The position reports to the SELA Collaborative’s Executive Director and it is a grant funded position that can be eliminated if funding ends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the primary point of contact and initial spokeperson for the organization.
· Work closely with SELA Team to assist in the management of day-to-day coordination and management of operational activities such as data management support.
· Work closely with the Executive Director to support and liase with the Steering Committee day-to-day coordination and project management.
· Assist in the development, implementation, and support the regional work of the Collaborative.
· Project management: Coordinate and manage project plans. Designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, manage timelines and keep stakeholders informed the entire way
· Ensure compliance with fiscal sponsor policies and procedures.
· Plan, facilitate, and develop presentations & collaterals for meetings and convenings.
· Prepare onsite and offsite meetings and events, including ensuring that all necessary materials are available.
· Attend community meetings and events to raise awareness of the SELA Collaborative’s work and strengthening relationships in the region.
· Maintain clear and accurate operations documents and procedures in compliance with Fiscal Sponsor.
· Prepares agendas, minutes, and other documents for meetings.
· Manages donor database and assist with donor communication, including appeal and thank you letters.
· Ensure all work is performed in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner
· Other Duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent number years of work experience
· Bilingual in Spanish required: read, write and speak
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ADP TotalSource, Quickbooks, Zoom, and Data Management System
· Ability to successfully present information and represent the organization in multiple setting.
· Excellent organizational, communication skills, and writing skills, including interpersonal skills
· Access to a car, possession of a valid driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance
· Willingness to work weekends and evenings, and travel throughout Los Angeles County as necessary
· Project coordination experience, adhering to project deadlines/budgets and ensuring high-quality deliverables
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects with accuracy, effectively and respond to changing priorities
· Ability to adapt communication appropriately for purpose and audience
· Ability to work as part of the team, lead when appropriate, and accept feedback
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Ability to effectively communicate and work with multiple stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints
· Demonstrated integrity and experience in driving others to strive for excellence in their work and leading others to new levels of effectiveness
· Experience working in low-income communities, schools, and/or community-based (nonprofit) agencies
· Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, results-driven environment
Skill and Ability to:
· Demonstrate an openness to feedback and commitment to learning and process improvement;
· Desire to promote the assets of the organization in an effort to better serve our community;
· Dedication to the efficient and effective use of resources;
· Strong work ethic and commitment to professional quality, excellence and accountability to oneself and others;
· Capability to think strategically while executing tactically within a high-functioning team-oriented environment;
· Ongoing use of good judgment, tact and diplomacy in all professional matters;
· Committed to building positive relationships with all agency stakeholders, across levels, roles and functions.
· Lift up to 30 lbs. (books, materials, supplies, etc.);
· Successfully pass a background check.
· Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
· Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
· Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
The SELA Collaborative seeks a dynamic, energetic and results-oriented operations coordinator who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. The Operations Coordinator role will organize, coordinate, and manage the day to day operations of the…
Families in Schools serves as the Fiscal Sponsor for the SELA Collaborative. Families In Schools is an at-will employer. We foster a mission-driven, collaborative work environment where teamwork, communication, excellence, quality, integrity, inquiry and commitment to community are highly valued. We provide employees with ongoing professional development opportunities through structured learning and training coupled with project assignments that maximize a diverse and high-functioning skill set. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
Families in Schools serves as the Fiscal Sponsor for the SELA Collaborative. Families In Schools is an at-will employer. We foster a mission-driven, collaborative work…
FLUENT IN SPANISH
FLUENT IN SPANISH
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.