95 Pine Street
We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Copywriter to join our Success Academy Creative Agencyteam.
The Copywriter role includes long and short format writing for projects spanning content and video for marketing, advocacy, e-learning, development, and academics initiatives. The ideal candidate has strong writing skills, a love for purpose-driven creative, uncompromising attention to detail and most importantly a great can-do attitude and collaborative spirit. You can balance both strategic and creative thinking to develop strong, effective ideas. You have a sharp view of the big picture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Has proven and exceptional conceptual writing and editing capabilities;
- Brings a proven track record of writing for a variety of channels (i.e. editorial copy, scripts, marketing);
- Has a strong command of storytelling;
- Is a champion of brand tone and strategy;
- Can distill complex ideas into simple, approachable language for a variety of audiences and channels;
- Thrives in a fast-paced multifaceted organization;
- Is passionate about education reform and communications;
- Has extreme attention to detail, accuracy and facts; and
- Is a self-starter.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- A minimum 3-5 years+ of experience across a variety of formats;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to coordinate multiple activities and prioritize conflicting demands while meeting deadlines;
- Experience with Google Drive platform, including Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides;
- Problem solves with enthusiasm; and
- The ability to address feedback quickly and collaborate effectively.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please upload a cover letter, resume, and 3 writing samples that outlines your candidacy and Copywriting experience. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.