Details: Compensation based on experience.
40 Rector Street
The Communications Associate will directly support the Chief Communications Officer in the development of creative concepts and communications strategies with the goal of promoting the efforts and impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City. This will include translating creative concepts into print, online, and other collateral materials, developing content for promotional materials and assisting with copy editing. This position creates and designs pieces that include e-mail campaigns, brochures, fliers, invitations, direct mail and newsletters. The Communications Associate will execute all materials consistent with BBBS of NYC’s brand guidelines.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Primary project manager and direct execution of collateral design, including copy, for all communications projects, including Annual Appeal, Giving Tuesday campaign, and the yearend appeal.
- Develop and create scripts and power points for events and other organization functions.
- Develop or review letters and other written communications for organizational messaging compliance and consistency.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate activities related to managing BBBS of NYC’s brand identity, including identifying ways for staff and volunteers to serve as brand ambassadors and providing resources and tools and upholding branding guidelines.
- Review agency website and work with the IT department to update as necessary.
- Maintain integrity of donor database system using Raiser’s Edge to properly track donations and send donor acknowledgment letters.
- Work with staff to support the development of program-related content such as presentations, publications and other resources.
- Collaborate with other colleagues to develop and maintain systems for marketing and communications collateral, including stories, photos and video content.
- Take photographs at events and other venues to be utilized for marketing and donor engagement
- Take video for storytelling on electronic mediums
- Manage video / photographs on the share drive
- Manage CEO’s social media account.
- Provide administrative support to the CCO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (communications, public relations, marketing, graphic design, advertising, communications design, or visual arts)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in related field
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for and commitment to the mission and vision of BBBS of NYC
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of communication trends and practices
- Proven organizational, written, verbal and creative design skills, with keen attention to detail and superb follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Illustrator, In Design & Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and Raiser’s Edge. Portfolio required.
Minimum Education Required