1 Mead Way
Under supervision and with moderate discretion for independent judgment performs tasks in support of the College’s safety and security operations. Maintains safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors by patrolling and monitoring safety and security conditions, and responding to incidents as they occur.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Perform uniformed patrol of campus in vehicles and on foot under all weather conditions, day or night.
- Observe and detect any criminal activity or violations of Sarah Lawrence College rules and regulations.
- Responds to unusual circumstances and secures emergency aid when needed.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms or using radio communications.
- Prevents loss and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; and reporting building and facility related issues such as flooding, poor or faulty lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- Controls traffic by directing vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
- Takes accurate field notes of unusual occurrences and completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintains organization's public image and reputation by complying with rules, regulations and legal requirements.
- Watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment.
- Perform first aid, CPR, Automatic Defibrillator when needed.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and issue infraction tickets as warranted.
- Drive motor vehicle for campus shuttles as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by Security supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Certified by The New York State Security Guard Training Act.
- Possesses a valid New York State Security Guard License.
- Possesses a valid New York State Driver’s License.
- Fully trained in CPR / 1ST AID and Defibrillator or ability to gain such certification.
- Assists the Police, Fire Dept. and Medical Service personnel when responding to incidents or emergencies on campus.
- Detailed oriented with have satisfactory literacy, writing and documentation abilities.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations; and demonstrated level of inter-cultural competence.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures, training curriculum, and directives.
- Ability to respond to emergencies and crises and to maintain order and personal composure.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of proven experience in the security field.
- Present for all mandated events.
- Good moral fitness and ethical standards.
- Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
No Calls, Emails, or faxes.
Must complete online application, upload resume and cover letter through application portal.
To apply, visit: https://slc.peopleadmin.com