322 8th Avenue
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Your position with TNC
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the New York Philanthropy Operations Team. The Nature Conservancy in New York is in the final two years of its $300 million Our World Campaign, an unprecedented campaign for conservation that has seen tremendous success in New York and beyond. Working with a dynamic and ambitious team across the state, the Development & Operations Specialist will play an integral part in the success of our mission. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and diplomatic (or skillful) when navigating across geographies, departments and organizational levels.
We are looking for a proven problem solver with excellent people skills and experience managing a database and gift processing. They will be a part of the New York Philanthropy Operations Team, primarily responsible for processing and recording gifts and will also serve as a key component in the front-end administration of the New York City Office for tasks such as general operations support and reception. The Development & Operations Specialist will also prepare and track weekly acknowledgements for the New York Division. We appreciate collaborative approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations to provide team members with information needed to best make decisions.
· Bachelor’s degree and 1-year experience or equivalent combination.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Experience working with databases and generating reports.
· Experience working and communicating with diverse groups of people.
· Experience managing a wide range of activities to meet competing deadlines.
· Experience performing one or more administrative processes.
· Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
· Experience working with databases, including managing and tracking data.
· Experience processing and recording receipts.
· Ability to analyze information to preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
· Ability to write and edit written materials for use with donor solicitations, member communications, and special events.
· Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles & practices.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47028 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST November 27, 2018. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.