Details: competitve with benefits
35 West 124th Street
Harlem Village Academies
Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. Based in Harlem, HVA is also the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
As the College Support Director at Harlem Village Academies, you will lead a team committed to supporting students that are transitioning to and enrolled in college. You will ensure the highest levels of persistence and graduation from college. You will serve as a crucial guide and role model to your team and students, building close relationships that will inspire them to be their best and achieve their goals. You will support our alumni by implementing programs that meet their diverse needs.
Our ideal candidate is a smart, passionate, educator with an extraordinary ability to connect with, inspire and mentor young people. You are able to deeply understand the needs of young people and then develop programs to address these needs. You’re great at helping students become more reflective and take ownership over their education. You’re genuinely warm and kind, and thrive on a dynamic team.
- Develop and manage alumni initiative programs to serve all HVA alumni
- Collaborate closely with the college access team, teachers, and school leaders to build a cohesive, coherent, and robust college access and support team
- Identify metrics to measure success of the program and continually evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the program using data
- Conduct one-on-one counseling and support for a caseload of students
- Establish and maintain partnerships with colleges and universities
- Assist with school transfers and financial aid issues
- Support and promote the school’s culture, professional values and standards, and serve as a role model to alumni
- Maintain accurate data and tracking systems to reflect student progress
- At least five years of professional experience in alumni support or college counseling
- Demonstrated leader with the skills to manage a team
- At least three years of experience leading a team
- Ability to use data to inform practice, with a clear understanding of the metrics that lead to college success
- A team player, with a strong work ethic and consistent follow-through
- Exceptionally effective at building lasting and meaningful relationships with students
- Ability to develop programs
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Master’s degree required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
First, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff.
Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.