Change Machine seeks a Manager of Partnership Success to ensure partners engage and maximize their use of Change Machine’s services, continuously curate and manage the platform’s content and create deep partnership connections that will support the mobilization of its community of practice. This manager level position will work with peers in business development and product to participate in the strategic direction of Change Machine’s platform.
Key Responsibilities: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Partnership Success, the Manager of Partnership Success will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage logistics of project deliverables, including Organizational Development Sessions and Financial Security Trainings (i.e. securing training room space or virtual meeting software, collecting attendance, reviewing evaluations, etc.).
- Provide implementation support to nonprofit leadership teams in group sessions and/or one-on-one calls.
- Engage organizations to sustainably embed financial security strategies and Change Machine in their everyday work.
- Collaborate with leadership teams at organizations to sustainably embed financial security strategies
- Develop innovative technical assistance strategies.
- Develop and implement program timelines to ensure timely completion of activities and deliverables.
- Navigate organizational infrastructures to create pathways to communicate clearly and effectively embed financial security strategies into a partner’s service delivery model.
- Support research and policy by elevating systemic financial security issues and relevant customer experiences through knowledge gained in the training and technical assistance work with organizations.
- Build the capacity of the field by leveraging lessons learned and gold-standard financial coaching practices.
- Bachelor's degree required, ideal candidate will have a master’s degree (MBA, MPA, etc.)
- At least three years in a professional environment, preferably in a non-profit organization, is preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Extremely comfortable presenting to audiences both online and in person.
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent listening, public speaking, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to inspire change within a group of people.
- Relates easily to diverse stakeholders at different levels at an organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently but with the judgment to know when to seek guidance.
- Flexibility and adaptability to address concerns in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a tenacious work ethic.
- Understand and can manage the difference between reaching and exceeding goals.
- Highly resourceful team-player who works toward shared goals, comfort with periods of ambiguity, and constructive participation in ongoing organizational development.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving.
- Dedication to and interest in Change Machine's mission to build financial security for working poor Americans.
- Proven capacity to work in a multicultural workforce, including sensitivity and competency in working with individuals and groups of diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and lifestyle backgrounds.
- Technologically savvy, with fluency in Google Documents, Google Calendar, Dropbox, Salesforce, Project Management tools (ex. Asana).
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish desired
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- The position would ideally be based in New York City, but could be based elsewhere for the right fit.