Access to Success (A2S)
A2S is a Christian-based non-profit with a mission to provide sustainable programs that generate positive change for Nigerian children and their communities. We are passionate about helping children achieve their dreams - we dedicate ourselves to creating pathways for new opportunities while improving our program participants’ surrounding community.
Development Manager Job Description
This full-time position with A2S is in Davidson, North Carolina. This position is an ideal opportunity for a successful individual seeking gratifying and challenging work and offers professional growth opportunities.
A2S requires an independently driven, team-oriented individual with a strong desire to work with A2S. It is an exciting time to be a part of our team, and this role will have a direct and lasting impact on the future organization. The Development Manager will work collaboratively with the A2S President, Creative Director, Administrative Coordinator, appropriate board members, and volunteers to grow and strengthen fundraising opportunities for A2S.
The Development Manager will report directly to the A2S President.
- Work with the Creative Director to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate messages in publications, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors.
- Support A2S President in all aspects of donor relations for a growing non-profit, prospecting, cultivating, and stewarding new and existing donors, maintaining Kindful database, and all fundraising activities.
- Build awareness and ongoing relations through interactions with campus administrators, nonprofit executives, and community businesses and schools.
- Contribute to the production and implementation of a development plan that incorporates a range of strategies, including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate sponsorships, and special events.
- Work with the Administrative Coordinator to oversee gift processing and donor acknowledgment, the donor database, and financial reporting.
- Assist Creative Director with planning and implementing all A2S fundraising and stewarding events to maximize current and prospective donor engagement.
- Assist in the development of all fundraising goals and strategies for A2S.
- Support A2S President in executing fundraising and stewardship plans through data management and relationship building to move existing donors through a meaningful cycle of giving effectively.
- Track and maintain event attendees, Faithfuel membership, and third-party fundraising-related metrics and evaluate current fundraising activities to determine ROI.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to design an engagement strategy for third-party fundraisers, identifying and acting as primary liaison with potential fundraisers in the current donor base.
- Create event sponsorship packages and assist the President in cultivating and securing sponsorships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2 - 3 years experience in development or a relevant field.
- Passion for the mission and vision of A2S.
- Exemplify a collaborative, decisive, motivating, and engaging communication style.
- Must be comfortable engaging individuals on the phone, zoom, and in-person.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in development, fundraising tools and technology, donor software, email, and online campaigns, and donor research.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- The ability to organize complex material and manage multiple projects at a time
- Energetic, flexible, resilient, and proactive.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a wide range of constituents located across the U.S. and Nigeria, including staff, volunteers, donors, and program participants.
- Open to opportunities to travel to Nigeria outside of annual trips.
- Experience, knowledge, and/or a strong interest in international development.
- Experience working with computer programs like Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Google Hangout/Skype. Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign a plus.
Salary to commensurate with experience, range 35k - 45k.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.