403 West 40th Street
Nature of Work
The Audit Bookkeeper is responsible for coordinating and maintaining all accounting activities concerning the annual audit and for communicating with CPA staff to ensure all requests are met.
- Monitor CR checks and transfers and make necessary corrections
- Reconcile bank balances at least monthly and maintain banking files
- Complete monthly Financial Reports for all entities for distribution to various interested and invested parties
- Process all utility payments monthly including Con Edison, Real Estate Tax, Water & Sewer, Insurance, etc
- Maintain tracking sheets for all utility payments
- Monitor and report on daily cash balances and reconcile as needed
- Monitor CR checks and AP payments for deposit errors and entry errors, etc. Make necessary corrections.
- Track outstanding checks and advise AP Bookkeeper when outstanding beyond 30 days.
- Review, approve and record daily batches when CR Bookkeeper is out
- Cut checks and/or prepare transfers in AP Bookkeeper absence
- Assist Comptroller in setting up quarterly financial reports for all LP’s
- Process monthly journal entries to record depreciation, amortization and bad debt expense
- Assist Comptroller in creating annual budgets and monthly cash flow projections
- Assist Comptroller in monitoring general ledger and various financial analyses
- Work with Comptroller to complete quarterly and annual audits
- Ad hoc financial analysis as request by Comptroller
Education and Experience
Minimum two years bookkeeping experience, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable; bank reconciliations, familiarity with accounting software.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
Computer literacy including MS Office, Access; excellent organizational and mathematical skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects; ability to meet deadlines.
Minimum Education Required