The Development Database Manager will oversee the daily operation of the constituent database for Fresh Start Women’s Foundation, which tracks donors, gifts, events, and prospect information. The Development Database Manager will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the database, donor receipt letters, reports and staff training and support. The Development Database Manager will provide support to staff by assisting with the creation of reports, providing training, administering user accounts, developing and updating policies to guide data entry, and making sure the database effectively captures constituent information and generates accurate financial and analytical reports. The Development Database Manager is responsible for communicating on a regular basis to ensure the donor database is effectively operating with other internal operating systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preferred Raiser’s Edge experience/ donor data background in either Raiser’s Edge or Sales Force, to include entry of relevant data, maintaining clean and relevant data, running reports, creating reports, and ensuring that the system is operating at an optimal level; ensures accuracy of all reports generated out of Raiser’s Edge.
- Implements Raiser’s Edge to ensure full utilization to meet Fresh Start’s needs.
- Maintains donor relations by ensuring accurate and timely recording, receipting, and acknowledgement of gifts.
- Generate customized queries, reports, lists for development activities, including lists, exports, performance analysis reports, etc.
- Develops a procedure manual of how the data is entered, reconciliation with finance, and procedures that will enhance the overall operation and outcomes of events, fundraisers, and campaigns.
- Maintain a structure within the database to effectively identify specific segments of data for various analysis and targeted fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Works closely with the Development Department to help them reach their goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
At least three years in a database role. (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred). A college degree. Must have the ability to multi-task and be a strong team member with the ability to participate as a member of a team. Must be a strong verbal communicator and able to provide advanced written communications. Polished professional appearance and behavior at all times. Able to provide exemplary customer service to board members and the public. Must be able to work independently and learn quickly on the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Raiser’s Edge experience, preferred
- Raiser’s Edge certification at the fundamentals or professional level preferred
- Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus
- Data entry ability
- Accurate typing
- Operation of office equipment
- Decision making ability
- Interest in detail
- Organization skills
- Computer application skills in: desktop publishing, word processing, spreadsheets, databases.
- Interpersonal Communications
- Ability to hold information in confidence
- Oversees and manages workflow in office
Notice: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Fresh Start reserves the right to change this job description at any time. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Reasonable accommodations can be made for a disability that is affected by the above stated job responsibilities and/or qualifications.
Minimum Education Required