Financial Aid Assistant/College Assistant (Part-time)
- Job posted by CUNY School of Professional Studies
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
CUNY SPS provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
The Office of Financial Aid assists students with the financial aid process and provides information on types of aid, application processes, and eligibility requirements. Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Assistant will support all processes that enable students to receive aid and maintain enrollment at the School.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in processing financial aid applications, compile and verify data, and provide information on rules and regulations to students.
- Assist in compiling data and preparing federal and state financial aid reports.
- Assist in advising students and parents of financial aid matters including deadlines, procedures, types of available aid and factors determining need.
- Assist in updating and maintaining financial aid files; input and verify financial aid data into computer.
- Respond to financial aid related inquiries in a polite and professional manner to ensure the highest level of student satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the TAP Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED
- A Bachelor’s degree, or currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior financial aid experience.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate and work on reports.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to be focused and efficient, but also flexible when working on multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the
Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter along with the names, addresses, and phone numbers of 3 business references to:
CUNY SPS Financial Aid Assistant/College Assistant Search
Financial Aid Manager
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 West 31st Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Open until filled.