41 Berkeley Street
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology (BFIT), founded in 1908, is a private, non-profit college located in Boston's South End that educates urban youth and places them in good jobs in growth industries. We offer students a cost-effective pathway to careers and equip our graduates with the technical, professional, and personal skills that create a foundation for success, civic responsibility, and life-long learning. BFIT is seeking a highly qualified individual to develop and disseminate messaging that advances the college’s brand and attracts prospective students and those that influence them.
The Marketing Coordinator plays a critical role in creating, maintaining, and distributing print and digital marketing collateral that communicates the value, quality, and desirability of a BFIT education. The Coordinator is responsible for executing tactics in support of the enrollment marketing plan set by the Dean of Recruitment and will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to build a marketing campaign for recruitment purposes.
· Carry out the marketing vision and plan for the college under the direction of the Dean of Recruitment;
· Facilitate creation and implementation of digital and traditional marketing efforts to enhance the college’s brand, reputation, and enrollment;
· Work in partnership with the college’s Director of Admissions to meet enrollment goals;
· Expand, update, and oversee all vehicles within the college’s digital marketing program, such as the website and social media;
· Manage and provide content for text & email campaigns and the college’s CRM platform;
· Manage the college’s online blog “Today’s Ben” and attract more influencers to subscribe to our blog; and
· Develop and maintain a photo log and manage photo release forms.
· BA/BS in marketing, communications or related field with 2-4 years experience in marketing, communications, and client/internal customer relations; experience in managing production calendars, print and digital collateral projects, and content marketing creation strongly preferred.
· Experience in nonprofit marketing/communications required; experience in education strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of all aspects of marketing – branding, multi-platform promotion, advertising, internal/external print and electronic communications, social media, public/media relations, Google analytics and other appropriate metrics.
· Understanding of marketing principles, use of market research, web analytics, and lead generation; also principles of design, print, and photography, as well as web design.
· Excellent writing and editing skills, integrity, discretion, and creativity.
· Experience in small to mid-sized mission-driven organizations, preferably in education.
· Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop with working knowledge and capacity to use Microsoft Office, database administration tools, and Internet & e-mail software.
· Understanding of higher education communications issues and appreciation of academic culture.
Applicants who may not exactly meet these qualifications are encouraged to describe in writing why they would nonetheless contribute substantially to the success of the college and would carry out the requirements of the job.
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
41 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116
Or via email to: DDaniels@bfit.edu