The LiveHelp program increases the ability of IllinoisLegalAid.org visitors to get legal information and help if they cannot afford or find a lawyer. The LiveHelp Volunteer Mobilization Program Coordinator will create and implement a long-term plan to mobilize and train volunteers to deliver these services, resulting in greater numbers of people throughout Illinois having access to free legal information and assistance to resolve their legal issues and protect their legal rights. The LiveHelp Volunteer Mobilization Program Coordinator is an Americorps VISTA position, hosted at the award-winning, not-for-profit, Illinois Legal Aid Online.
This is a one-year VISTA position from 08/30/2021 to 08/30/2022.
- Develop new recruitment messaging and update current LiveHelp Volunteer opportunity postings
- Collaborate with Project Supervisor to develop and implement a streamlined volunteer screening process
- Collaborate with Project Supervisor to create and implement a new LiveHelp volunteer training process
- Co-supervise volunteer performance
- Create and share monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
- Assist in evaluating the success of the program and ways to expand and improve the program
- Assist in developing and maintaining program portal and volunteer alumni relationship management system (Salesforce)
- Serve as a “LiveHelp” operator, helping website users to find legal information
- Support volunteers through email and online chat
- Participate in relevant groups/committees related to law and technology
- Participate in staff meetings and other administrative meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects and willingness to explore new ideas and strategies
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail - a conscientious and independent worker
- Experience in giving quality customer service in a responsive, patient, and composed manner
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor presentations and materials to different audiences
- Excellent computer skills, including fluency in using the Internet, and proficiency in using Google Apps for Office
- General knowledge of the legal system helpful but not required
- Experience visioning and planning program strategies; and implementing ideas in pilot projects
- Enthusiasm for the use of technology in the delivery of legal services
- Works well on a team and willing to pitch in however needed to accomplish the goals of the organization
- Demonstrated commitment to public service and interest in Illinois Legal Aid Online’s vision and goals.
Living allowance ($1,150/mo.), choice of Education Award ($6,345) or End of Service Stipend ($1,800).
Please visit https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/vista/benefits for details about VISTA benefits.
Please apply through the online AmeriCorps portal. The deadline to apply is 08/06/2021.
Fixed amount, $15,001.50/yr
Position type Full-time