Civic Influencers is a national nonpartisan nonprofit operating across the country, on and off campus, in local communities and states, that empowers young people to build their civic power and increase voting rates amongst their peers. They frame their work through an Organizing, Advocacy and Learning model that equips young people with the skills to dismantle barriers to voting while developing their identities as voters and participants in our democracy.
Reports to: Senior Institutional Gifts Advisor
Classification: Full-time Exempt
Location: Remote work from any location in the US
Travel: Some travel required
Civic Influencers is seeking a Grants Manager who has experience in managing a robust grants pipeline, writing proposals and reports, and researching new viable streams of funding that will ultimately bolster and expand Civic Influencers’ annual revenue. Reporting to the Senior Institutional Gifts Advisor, the subsequent tasks and duties will fall within the following buckets across the Development Team, including:
Grant Writing, Research, and Strategy:
- In tandem with the Senior Institutional Gifts Advisor, create an institutional giving plan that outlines goals and targets for the year.
- Coordinate with the CEO, Chief of Development and Senior Institutional Gifts Advisor to write clear and compelling letters of inquiry, proposals, reports and other written communications to funders at all stages of the grant cycle, tailoring the case for support to the interests of the funder.
- Gather and prepare all ancillary materials to accompany grants (financial data, bios, required forms, etc.); work with colleagues on the program and data teams to collect any necessary data or information in a timely manner.
- Ensure the correct completion and timely submission of all applications or contract materials.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with key staff to generate new, creative content ideas and produce compelling, high-quality proposals and reports for foundations, government entities, organizations, and businesses.
- Identify new prospective funders and develop strategies, in coordination with staff and partners, to approach those funders.
- Write and edit copy for internal and external publications such as brochures, annual reports, newsletters, website, blog, client stories, and solicitation mailers as needed.
- Communicate with teammates involved in grant implementation to track progress and ensure goals and objectives for each grant are met.
- Ensure all submissions and other interactions with funders are recorded in database and other tracking systems.
- Maintain grant submission and reporting calendar, as well as Salesforce and Google Drive grant files.
- Track and update all contact and portal information as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Law, STEM, or a related field.
- 4+ years proven grant writing and management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic planning while being able to respond to short-term organizational needs.
- Familiarity with and understanding of CRMs and other content management databases, experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Proficient on Google Suite, including Google Sheets and Google Slides.
- Working knowledge of Tableau and Slack a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills; including the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other staff, partner organizations, elected and appointed officials, corporate/business representatives, and community members.
- Commitment to transparency, accountability, and direct communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage highly sensitive, confidential information using excellent judgment at all times.
- Must have a commitment to DEI and cultural competency, including an awareness of one's own cultural worldview, a welcoming attitude towards cultural differences, an appreciative knowledge of different cultural practices and worldviews, and cross-cultural skills.
- Experience working in a movement organization, including ones focused on Voting Rights, Social Justice, Civil Rights or Youth.
- Experience working in politics.
- Experience working with or within a higher education institution, People of Color Serving Institutions (PoCSIs, e.g., HSIs and HBCUs a plus).
- Fluent in multiple languages, Spanish preferred.
- Must complete data visualization and data gathering trainings hosted by Tableau, and other trainings as required.
- Extremely reliable and available on evenings and weekends for occasional events and conferences.
Start Date: For immediate consideration.
Civic Influencers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or class. We value diversity on our team and strongly encourage people of color, Indigenous people, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities and all qualified persons to apply for our open positions.