2830 S. Central Ave.
SEEKING ONLY THOSE WITH PASSION TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status/Hours: Exempt
Founded in 1993, A Place Called Home (APCH) is a dynamic, non-profit youth and community providing a safe, nurturing environment with proven programs in arts, education and wellness for young people to help them improve their economic conditions and develop healthy, fulfilling and purposeful lives.
APCH has an exciting opportunity for an individual with a high degree of energy with a passion to make a difference in the community. We are seeking those looking to take their next step in their career path while serving the community.
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INCLUDING
Tickets to Events: NBA/WNBA basketball, MLB baseball, NHL hockey, and NFL football games, concerts, plays, snowboarding, bowling, fund raisers, and etc.
401K plan with up to a 4% Employer match.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance APCH’s brand identity and key messages; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of the organization and its programs across key stakeholder audiences;
- Create marketing and public relations strategies and plans that will allow APCH leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences, including press, media and key influencers;
- Serve as communications counselor to APCH leadership, including initiating and drafting regular communiqués, e.g. blogs, op-eds, advising on talking points for events, etc.;
- Oversee development of all print communications including marketing collateral, annual reports, newsletters, direct appeals, event related materials, invitations, programs, etc., and manage associated vendors and contractors, including designers, printers and mailing houses;
- Oversee agency website and social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.;
HOW TO APPLY
For a full job description, please check out our website at: https://apch.org/about/employment/
All applicants must apply by submitting a pdf cover letter and resume to HR and use “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
The Communications & Marketing Manager must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. A Place Called Home is a learning organization and there is an expectation of continual growth and learning as a community.
- 2-3 years of Communications, PR and Marketing experience;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
- Experience with email marketing software, specifically Constant Contact
- B.A. in Communications or related field; and
- Demonstrated strong writing and copywriting
- Video editing experience is a plus
A Place Called Home provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy), gender expression, gender identity or sexual orientation, military and veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship national origin, age, physical and/or mental disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, A Place Called Home complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K retirement plan with company match, generous time off!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
(E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.