Details: Competitive NGO salary, annual discretionary bonus,
Job purpose and background:
CDP North America, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven self-starter skills to join the North America Investor Initiatives team. The successful candidate will join a growing team of committed professionals working to embed ESG integration into mainstream financial analysis and investment processes. In addition to the responsibilities below, a focus of the role may be to enhance usability and data visualization of CDP data products and services to strengthen CDP’s position as a premium data service provider. The Project Officer will report to CDP's Head of Investor Initiatives North America and work integrally with the global Investor Initiatives team.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 800 institutional investors with assets of US$87 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us on twitter @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting senior team members in both building relationships with institutional investors and recruiting them as signatories and members
• Engaging with investors to build awareness of CDP data and research and assisting them to use it in their investment process where possible;
• Extracting data from internal data warehouse and organizing for external consumption, as well as presenting CDP data and analytics to various stakeholders in the investment community;
• Developing guidance documents for CDP and Investor processes;
• Creating and maintaining library of PowerPoint decks and other marketing information;
• Utilizing CRM database to maintain customer records as well as draft and distribute mass emails to CDP constituents; and
• Helping convene and organize investor roundtables, roadshows, and other informational events; liaising with other teams internally to align communications and outreach.
Required skills and experience:
• Comfortable liaising with contacts in senior positions at pension funds, insurance companies and investment managers, and other financial market participants;
• A desire to take ownership and responsibility for their work;
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills and a desire to seek out networking opportunities;
• The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard;
• A flexible but diligent working style, with proven record of working within a team;
• Attention to detail critical; and
• Strong computer software skills, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and analytical skills.
Desirable skills and experience:
• A passion for integrating ESG issues into the mainstream investment process
• Experience in data visualization tools
• Experience in research and writing reports
• An interest in working for an environmental NGO and a passion for sustainability topics
• Knowledge of climate change mitigation and adaptation issues
• Experience in SharePoint
The Project Officer role is a full-time role based in CDP’s New York office in Manhattan.
Excellent health & dental benefits, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days’ vacation annually, training and development stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the US.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Investor Initiatives Project Officer’ in the subject. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.