Full Time Contract
Details: Salary is paid out monthly at the end of June, July, and August.
617 Dartmouth Place
The Residential Director (RD) serves as the residential community architect and top-most point of contact for all residential staff, students and families. The RD provides the Program Coordinator (PC) with daily updates on staff and student needs, including student, staff, and facilities emergencies. The RD collaborates with the PC and Academic Dean (AD) to ensure that the residential program supports the student experience. The RD supports and directs the work of the Assistant Residential Directors (ARDs) who manage student Health & Housing, Weekday Activities, and Weekend Activities. RDs reside in the residence hall for the duration of the program and have 24/7 on-call responsibilities, including during scheduled time away.
Employment Dates and Stipend:
Evanston, IL – Northwestern University
Full time work June 18-August 11, 2018
Starting salary $5700 increasing to $6200 based on CTD Summer Program experience, plus room and board.
2 positions available
- Gain summer conference leadership experience in an academic summer camp setting.
- Oversee housing and facilities operations, student health & safety operations, and daily student programming & logistics, including a budget.
- Create inclusive, safe, positive, and fun residential communities during two & three week sessions.
- Schedule two or three sets of move-in and move-out days, assisting up to 300 students and their families at a time.
- Manage a staff greater than or equal to 24 RAs, including initial and ongoing training, support, and assessment.
- Create and implement staff schedules for leading activities, time away, dining hall supervision, floor supervision, and duty desk supervision.
- Support RAs in their work with students, including one-on-one student conduct meetings.
- Have 24/7 on-call responsibilities & oversee crisis response.
- Develop vertical and lateral, internal and external communication skills with stakeholders.
- Practice conflict mediation skills.
- Network with Northwestern University Residential Services.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Before you start the application, please save your resume and cover letter (optional) to your desktop. The application may time out if you spend too much time composing (or searching for) these documents. Further, the application will not save your work, so you need to complete the application in one sitting.
1. Navigate to http:// www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers
2. Select External Applicants
3. Paste JOB ID 32781 into the search field to return available positions.
4. Click on the linked position, and you are off!
If you have any trouble with the NUHR application, please call the FASIS Help Desk at 847-467-4800. If they cannot help, the staff at our Temp Center can help at email@example.com.