The Burning Man Technologies group is looking for a solid, smart Salesforce Software Engineer / Developer to join our team of developers and Salesforce administrators building applications and integrations for one of the most exciting cultural institutions in the world.
Working for Burning Man is like no other Salesforce job on the planet. On any given day we could be working on highly custom Force.com applications to support Burning Man live event operations, nonprofit donor management support, or integrations that tie together our various complex internal and external systems -- and that’s just the start.
The Salesforce Developer will take the lead in architecting solutions and creating systems in Salesforce, and integrating external sources with Salesforce. Our desired candidate will be excited to work on designing and implementing Salesforce applications with quick turnaround and outside-of-the-box requirements. Successful individuals will have deep Salesforce knowledge and a willingness to share that knowledge with their team while being able to dive in and write code. Successful individuals will be able to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment, utilizing communication and critical thinking skills in combination with their Salesforce platform and technical expertise to drive the success of multiple projects.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Mentor for Salesforce technologies.
- Partner with Product Managers and various departments to evaluate existing components, determine requirements and ensure delivery of solutions that meet organizational needs
- Develop maintainable code for 3rd party APIs, new automations and integrations with internal and external services.
- Design and implement data structure, flows, and processes.
- Measure, analyze and optimize Salesforce applications to ensure optimal performance and throughput
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Plan, conduct and monitor product releases
- Implement and troubleshoot integrations between Salesforce and external systems using custom code, Zapier or other third party systems or connectors. Understand the current architecture and identify gaps between existing function and desired solutions, and build systems that accurately transfer data to meet business needs
- Manage the Salesforce deployment process, including establishing quality expectations for code, and managing sandbox environments and deployments.
- Provide Level 3 (application development) support for issues
- Follow established best practices and development protocols, share technical components and knowledge, contribute to discussion on coding practices and code reviews
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry standard implementation details regarding Salesforce and relevant technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LEARNING AND TEACHING
- Documentation - Assists in the creation, publishing, and maintenance of process documentation related to their assigned duties.
- Knowledge sharing – Helps acculturate and educate junior staff in Burning Man culture and business processes.
- Training development - Collaborates with the education team to develop training materials in their area of expertise, as requested.
- Learning – Pursues ongoing learning in their area of expertise, working to stay current on emergent knowledge, skills, and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management or equivalent experience
- 8-10+ years of experience in programming fundamentals including; object-oriented programming, relational database design, web services, technical writing, and documentation.
- 3+ years of Salesforce development experience using APEX, Lightning Components, Flows, Visualforce and Salesforce APIs
- Build new user experiences consisting of custom objects, workflows, validations and formulas while adhering to Salesforce best practices
- Salesforce Platform Developer I & II, Platform App Builder, Integration Architecture Designer certifications, or equivalent experience
- Experience with integrations and knowledge of integration patterns (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, Zapier, etc.)
- Solutions-oriented thinker with a desire for continuous improvement in the organization and personally
- Takes pride and ownership of their code
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate and listen to both business and technical team
- Takes on new challenges enthusiastically
- Ability to adjust schedule seasonally to work at the Burning Man event held in Nevada
- Knowledge of high-availability server infrastructure and caching strategies
- Background and experience with full stack web development
- Experience with Service Cloud and Nonprofit Cloud
- Knowledge of stored and streamed media
- High-level understanding of Single Sign On
- Experience with offline data acquisition
- Experience with Netsuite
- It is helpful if the candidate has previously been to Burning Man and/or is familiar with its culture.
Note: If you have gained the necessary experience to succeed in this role and have acquired this experience in other ways, we encourage you to apply and share all relevant experience in your application.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
- This is a regular, full-time position, eligible for benefits.
- The location for this position is flexible and work hours will be held in Pacific time.
- Burning Man Project celebrates the importance of creating a diverse environment and enthusiastically encourages Black, Indigenous, other Peoples of Color, Queer, Immigrant, women, and people with disabilities, of all ages, to apply.
- Burning Man Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.