114 W. Montgomery Ave
Position Description: The Development Associate is a full-time position responsible for managing and implementing development processes that will help IW achieve its fundraising goals. S/he will report to and work closely with the Director of Development and Community Relations (DOD) on the overall strategy for the department including: the annual fundraising plan, calendar of activities, event planning, and cultivation and engagement of the corporate and faith based communities. The Development Associate will be responsible for overseeing IW’s team of Community Engagement and Volunteer Coordinators and managing IW’s volunteer and donor databases.
· Support the DOD in the execution of the annual development/fundraising plan.
· Support the implementation of strategies to build a diverse base of contributors, major donors and corporate partners.
· Oversee stewardship of a high-quality donor experience.
· Initiate and steward partnerships with congregations, social service groups, and other groups.
· Support the implementation of a new donor database.
· Manage and oversee maintenance of IW’s current donor database (Abila) and ensure accuracy of all donor records.
· Manage charitable online donations.
· Provide senior leadership with donation reports on a weekly basis and as requested.
· Oversee the work of IW’s Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinators ensuring collaboration throughout IW programs, accuracy of record keeping, and effective scheduling.
· Oversee the management of the IW volunteer database (Volgistics).
· Manage and expand the Help the Homeless walks and events.
· Oversee IW’s Holiday Giving programs.
· Consolidate in-kind reports from IW Programs and Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinators.
· Represent IW at events held by community partners including corporations and community/faith-based groups.
· Attend networking events in order to engage new supporters and deepen relationships with current community partners.
· Solicit in-kind donations.
· Manage tours of IW facilities for supporters and potential donors and volunteers.
· Work collaboratively and creatively across departments to identify and implement ways to enhance the interest of existing funding sources and engage prospective funding sources.
· Support the DOD in the planning and execution of Interfaith Works’ events including, but not limited to IW’s Annual 5K run, Annual Congregation Meeting and IW Caring Breakfast.
· Manage Development Calendar.
· Solicit sponsorships for IW events.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 3-5 years’ experience in a nonprofit fundraising capacity.
· Bachelor’s degree of equivalent work experience preferred.
· Extensive experience in donor database management required, knowledge of Abila preferred.
· Experience in event planning.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Flexible schedule, evening and weekend hours occasionally required.
· Ability to multitask.
· Detail oriented, excellent time management, project management, and organizational skills.
· Experience in developing and cultivating individual gifts; familiarity with local philanthropic community is a plus.
· Ability to execute face to face solicitations in support of IW’s mission.
· Bilingual proficiency is a plus.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
· Ability to work collaboratively with multiple program directors and their staff to achieve development goals.
· Dedication to IW’s Core Values and its commitment to Cultural Awareness and Racial Equity.
Medical, dental and vision, life insurance, retirement, vacation and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual proficiency a plus.
Minimum Education Required