Details: Full time; hourly position
59 Babylon Turnpike
Choice for All is seeking a dynamic, hard-working and creative individual that is interested in serving as an Assistant to the CEO – a position that will assist and support the organization’s Chief Executive Officer in carrying out high-level program development, policy research and analysis, advocacy, organizing, negotiations, communications, coalition building, organizational leadership, management and fundraising. This position is uniquely design for individuals interested in a career in human services, nonprofit leadership and social justice.
1. Program Support – Assist the Chief Executive Officer in preparing program materials, policy research and analysis, and related program activities.
2. Communications Support – Support the Chief Executive Officer monitor, prepare and disseminate written and spoken communications with Director of Marketing & Development.
3. Administrative Support – Schedule meetings, organize travel logistics, maintain the calendar and provide related support to the Chief Executive Officer.
4. Information Management – Help capture, process, and organize data and tasks to ensure effective management of Chief Executive Officer’s work load.
- Take notes and action minutes at key program meetings
- Compile and disseminate program materials and documents
- Conduct policy research and literature review, as assigned
- Prepare briefs and memos on key program issues, as assigned
- Assist in drafting, editing and disseminating written communications
- Assist in maintaining Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, upcoming blog posts and related production
- Assist in responding to email and other correspondence
- Help maintain and manage the Executive Director’s calendar
- Organize, schedule and prepare for meetings with key people and partners
- Arrange travel reservations and logistics for the Executive Director
- Assist in the preparation of expense, lobbying and other admin reports
- Provide other administrative and office management support, as needed
- Help capture, process and organize incoming demands on CEO
- Help maintain reference material, project support materials and tickler files
- Help maintain the CEO's work load management database
All employees are expected to assist with execution of the annual development plan to support meeting the annual organizational budget. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Playing a lead or support role in drafting content for and/or submitting grant proposals
- Soliciting individual gifts from prospective major donors as assigned, by mail, phone, and in person
- Participating in donor cultivation and solicitation activities in support of small donor development, including by phone, email, or mail
- Playing a lead role in executing small fundraising events or a support role in organizing larger fundraising or donor cultivation events
- Represent the organization positively in public at all times by acting as a professional representative and ambassador
- Support the mission and goals of the organization across all programs and departments
- Maintain accountability to administrative systems and procedures, including submitting expense reimbursements, credit card reconciliations, invoices, and so on by the deadlines assigned, as well as submitting content for the organizational calendar and informing other staff of activities and whereabouts
- Participate actively in staff meetings and retreats and Board meetings when requested
- Plan, track, and report on individual and departmental work in support of organizational coordination and synergy
- Contribute content for organizational communications and marketing materials, such as the monthly e-newsletter
Reporting and Authority
The Assistant to the CEO reports directly to the CEO and also reports to the Chief Strategy Officer, who will act as senior staff liaison to this position in the CEO’s absence. The Executive Assistant to the CEO has authority to implement specific delegated tasks and to execute ongoing support activities in accordance with organizational guidance, practice and standards; and will consult with the Chief Executive Officer or Chief Strategy Officer before initiating new assignments, finalizing public communications or making decisions that affect organizational resources. She, he or hir will also work with supervisors across departments to coordinate related issues.
- College degreed preferred, but not required dependent upon experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- A commitment to positive social change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail and follow-through while managing multiple tasks
- Tech savvy with at least intermediate computer skills
- Strong team player with excellent people skills
- Prefer, but do not require, some relevant experience with nonprofit organizations or public issue campaigns
- Highly capable administrative or business skills are also a plus.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Occasional night or weekend work, long days and overnight travel
Choice for All, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity, and do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, citizenship, mental or physical handicap or disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We continue to support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity and racial, ethnic and cultural diversity.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format only. All correspondences can be address to Jacob Dixon, Chief Executive Officer. Please indicate “Assistant to CEO” in the subject line of the e-mail. We are unable to accept any phone, mail or fax inquiries.