The Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center (Isaacs Center) is a non-profit, multi-service organization focusing primarily on the needs of children and low-income families, out-of-school and out-of-work youth, and aging New Yorkers. We operate at community centers located in the neighborhoods of East Harlem and Yorkville, and seek to deliver programs that are impactful, innovative, and intergenerational.
Isaacs Center – is seeking an entrepreneurial and motivated candidate to serve as Program Assistant to Workforce Development Team. Reporting to the Senior Manager and working closely with members of the Youth Employment Services team, the Program Assistant provides general program and administrative support in the day to day operations of the Career Readiness Program, Young Adult Literacy (YALP), and High School Equivalency Program(s) (HSE) located on the Upper East Side and East Harlem (Johnson Cornerstone.) The Program Assistant will serve as a point-of-contact by providing support and assistance on a wide variety of administrative program related matters.
- Associates Degree and 2-3 years of significant administrative experience at a community-based organization, settlement house, or non-profit.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate existing relationships with the community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving.
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior experience working with Young Adults and Youth.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Degree in Human Services preferred not required.
- Responsible for administrative and program support.
- Manage and serve as point person for required contractual paperwork and testing on participants entering the YALP, HSE program, and Career Readiness, existing participants and required follow-up.
- Assist with weekly In-House ORT and orientation of HSE program participants.
- Assist with data entry of incoming participant demographic information into the Salesforce database.
- Track participant attendance throughout YALP, HSE and Career Readiness; provide statistical reports as needed.
- Conduct visits to the Johnson Cornerstone site; check-in with staff/participants and report on challenges or issues as requested.
- Light case management work.
- Maintain program files, placing informational and follow-up phone calls, e-mails and or letters
- Assist in the development and maintenance of office practices and procedures such as editing and distributing “How To” checklists
- Review and submit accurate payroll related documents including time sheets, employment status change forms and signature confirmation sheets.
- Generate, submit and track program expenditures including check requisitions, stipend requests, petty cash income transmittals, supply orders and MetroCards
- Ensure that all participants have completed contractually required forms as per eligibility guidelines.
- Prepare rooms, attend and actively participate in monthly department meetings which includes taking and distributing meeting minutes in a timely manner
- Provide support for department and program staff regarding special events
- Front-desk coverage as needed
- Other duties as required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Isaacs Center is an equal opportunity employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, socio-economic status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or creed, disability, or political or sexual orientation. Diversity is a fundamental strength of the Isaacs Center.
The Isaacs Center offers benefits packages that include four weeks of paid vacation in the first year for full-time employees, sick leave, and health insurance. The Isaacs Center is committed to staff training and development. Qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should email/fax their resume for consideration to email@example.com.