60 O Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Our organization seeks a Case Manager (Service Coordinator) able to methodically examine presenting problems and make recommendations for treatment. He/she will expand our program offerings, implement social activities, and proactively identify crises. If you have experience providing social services we encourage you to apply.
Position Description: The Service Coordinator Provides case management support to residents and provides guidance to assist the residents with activities, solving daily challenges and increasing personal development.
Required: Must have a CPR and First Aid Certification; Bachelor's Degree; 2-3 years experience in social services and/ or working with homeless or substance abuse and mental illness. Candidates with Social Work degrees must be licensed to practice
Preferred: Master’s Degree 3-5 years experience in social services; 2 + yrs. case management experience and program development experience; experience providing services to low-income families.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to learn and utilize Motivational Enhancement Practice.
- Understanding of issues of trauma and mental health; especially, in times of crisis
- Ability to perform and complete an accurate resident assessment and effectively document residents progress towards goals electronically
- Ability to educate and teach residents how to access and utilize community resources
- Ability to set professional boundaries
- Case Management: Provide on-going case management and demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service.
- Community Development: Assist the team with the development of educational groups and coordinate events for residents.
- Program Administration: Participate in the resident intake process and develop orientation.
Reports to: Program Manager
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME, Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required