Brandeis University seeks to hire a Department Administrator to oversee daily operations and administrative support for the School of Arts and Sciences Office. This will include support for the Senior Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education.
Please submit a cover and resume/CV when applying.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education including systems creation, tracking of various projects, and assisting with process implementation. Supports initiatives such as interdepartmental program reviews, new course approvals, teaching award nominations and selection, Course Assistant/Grader requests; committees such as the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee; and all work of the Senior Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences for Undergraduate Education. Supervises student workers on related tasks.
- Data and special projects: Designs and maintains databases related to curriculum, course enrollments, course evaluations, budgets, faculty authorizations, academic support, etc. Produce surveys and analysis of results with related recommendations for the Dean and other staff. Analyzes data and creates reports for deans and senior administrators for annual department/program planning process and other projects.
- Meeting and Event Planning: Manages virtual and/or live meeting and event planning for Dean of Arts and Sciences office, including scheduling, booking rooms, sending reminders, creating publication materials, virtual and hard copy publicity campaigns, ordering food, and producing documents for meetings. Mentors student workers who perform assigned tasks. Liaises with internal and external stakeholders, coordinating with central Conference & Events.
- Coordinates all aspects (publicity, recruitment, selection, notification, meetings, training, assessment, budget expenditures) of Undergraduate Departmental Representatives (UDR) program. Answers questions and advises staff, students, and faculty on matters related to the UDR programs. Responsible for curating content and flow for the Undergraduate Departmental Representative program website and other undergraduate education affiliated sites. Oversees UDR program budget, including processing transactions. Oversees tasks of student workers and volunteers.
- Designs and maintains forms and processes related to faculty procedures. Purchase supplies and equipment, process reimbursements as needed. Provide back up for Assistant to the Dean. Perform general administrative duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years experience required
- Advanced skills in excel and database management a plus