99 Inca Street
POSITION SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We’re more interested in your creativity and thirst to contribute than any awards you’ve won. If you feel the need to work for a mission, if you thrive on execution, love your craft and love learning on the job, and are eager to FAIL FORWARD (one of our battle cries), then we might be the place for you.
This position will manage vendors, projects, internal work flows, and their own deliverables. You will be the only marketing staff person on a team led by our Impact Manager. You must be able to manage our marketing strategy and tactics as it corresponds to our 1 year and 3 year organizational goals.
We are searching for someone who enjoys the thrill of trailblazing and who is ready to lead our fast-growing organizations’ marketing and communications efforts. You must be BRAVE, and be ready to lead our organization with both surefire, tested, influential marketing methods; but also think creatively and be willing to take risks so as to keep us relevant to our market.
You must be INDUSTRIOUS- hard working and diligent. This position will work across team to make sure marketing needs are coordinated and met. You must respond quickly to the needs of team members- within budget and with a smile on your face…ready to ask “What else can I help you with?”
We are looking for a DATA STORYTELLER. Near and dear to our efforts and success is our ability to capture amazing data and tell a story…but something is missing from our team. We need someone to lead the HOW we tell it and WHO we tell it to. Candidates will feel comfortable using numbers and narratives together to demonstrate success of our work and will continually strategize for new marketing opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Lead the implementation of WLP’s marketing and communications plan that supports WLP’s fundraising, brand, fee for service, and client outreach. Be responsive when tactics don’t work, and pivot easily.
· Develop marketing materials on a frequent basis for employer member audiences and client audiences (we also work with a graphic designer for our larger projects, and when needed but we are looking for someone who is comfortable creating clear, concise, small pieces).
· Craft stories that highlight the value and impact of WLP’s accomplishment to the field of Human Resources, talent development, workforce development, career pathway development, and policy
· Oversee WLP’s social media presence to achieve stated objectives
· Develop and maintain WLP’s communications channels such as newsletters, website, press releases, and collaborative channels with other organizations; maintain databases
· Develop and executive a plan for gaining earned media, including key features and mentions in target publications
· Be ENTHUSITISCALLY ENTREPRENEURAUAL and get creative on different ways to outreach to prospective employers members and current audiences
· Manage vendors and lead production of multimedia pieces. Ensure delivery to right audiences and through appropriate channels.
· Curate, maintain, and keep organized all communication and marketing materials
· Monitory, analyze, and share social media and web traffic and related metrics
· Help plan and execute major events, speaking engagements, and conferences
· Quality: Sets high standards of performance for self and others, and assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks. Standards of excellence are self-imposed rather than having standards imposed.
· Decisiveness: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes independent action to implement new ideas or potential solutions without prompting; does not wait for others to take action or to request action.
· Judgment: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probably consequences.
· Time Management: Ability to plan, organize, and control work activities; ability to meet deadlines. Effectively prioritizes and adjusts priorities when appropriate
· Organization: Ability to accomplish tasks in an orderly manner, track and report progress, and accomplish work efficiently by leveraging resources. Stays focused to prevent irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
· Flexibility: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work
environment; adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Cooperation: Ability to work effectively as part of a team and willingness to respond to the requests of others. Facilitates goal accomplishment, involves others, shares important or relevant information with the team, and demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
· Communication: Ability to clearly convey information and ideas to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Ability to present information in a coherent format that is thoughtful, progressive, and leads to a logical conclusion.
· Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a main focus. Developing and keeping valuable customer relationships.
· 4+ years’ experience in nonprofit or business marketing and communications
· Passion for our work
· Strong combination of analytical and creative skills
· Ability to learn different platforms quickly; doesn’t shy away from ‘new’
· Proficient in creating eye catching, smart graphics for marketing purposes, and high proficiency with web design tools
· Proficient with social media management tools, social media marketing, E-mail marketing, and automated marketing tools
· Creative writing (headlines, flyers); able to write small amount of content to clearly convey a message
· High Level with Adobe Suite or equivalent graphic design tools
· Certification or degree in relevant field
o Location: Denver, CO ; travel within Colorado 10%
o Salary Range: Competitive salary and benefits
o Term: Full Time, Benefits Included
ABOUT WORKLIFE PARTNERSHIP
WorkLife Partnership, founded in 2009, utilizes the Sustainable Workforce Model to partner with employers to help stabilize and retain their workers who face challenges to job retention and success. We are the only organization doing this work in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region and we’re excited to be expanding nationally. Our core values are:
· Data Storytelling
· Cultivating Potential
· Enthusiastically Entrepreneurial
· Calm Resilience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply to Liddy Romero, email@example.com, with your resume and cover letter describing your desire to apply your skills to our mission and work. Tell us what sets you apart, and PLEASE proof read your letter. Please submit any materials you are proud of to demonstrate your work.