CHNW is a not-for-profit organization that was started by students to support students in the areas of housing, academic success & personal development. As a community, we accomplish this mission by employing the shared cultural values of competence, collaboration, autonomy and positive impact. This is about innovation, constant evolution and development. Our employment positions are not static, and we fully expect that all staff will be learning, gaining skills and strengthening abilities to move up or out in the quest to make the world a better place.
- This is a temporary employment position ending June 30, 2019
Job Title: Shuttle Driver
Team: Goose Hollow
Supported by: Transporation Lead
Hours: Monday 3:30pm-10:00pm; Tuesday-Thursday 6:00pm-10:00pm (Hours are anticipated to change by term)
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for driving students and customers to and from campus properties in a safe and professional manner.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shuttle Driving and Maintenance:
- Safely transport students in the CHNW shuttle to and from campus and properties on a regular schedule
- Perform daily shuttle inspections as required
- Fill gas tank when needed
- Promptly report maintenance issues
- Add DEF fluid as needed
- Assist handicapped passengers on and off from vehicle, ensuring safe transport
- Keep a record of passenger numbers and/or log-book as required
- Ensure cleanliness of shuttle after each run by picking up trash, sweeping, wiping down seats
- Read and update communication log to ensure all shuttle team is aware of incidents that occur
- Maintain availability of at least 15 hours a week, including weekends, during employment contract duration
- Student Support/Operations:
- Provides the highest level of service to students and customers at all times
- Coordinate with the rest of the shuttle team to ensure that the shuttle schedule is covered during shuttle hours; participate in quarterly schedule building for shuttle team
- Participating in ensuring that students are notified when shuttle schedule is changed or amended
- Participates in cross-training to build and share skills; asks for help and training when needed
- Assist in the collection of student experience surveys
- Attend and participate in Shuttle Team and 1:1 Meetings
- Open and close community room during first and last shuttle runs.
- Be available to students in community space between runs to answer basic community-related questions, provide community support and direct students to resources as appropriate.
- Promote community safety by assisting staff in monitoring entrances/exits to building and shuttle
- Communicate with staff and students in a professional manner
- Leadership and Community Participation:
- Proactively promotes dialogue about positive change by adding agenda items to their team and individual pages, in addition to participating in committees and events
- Participation in company trainings, activities and events
- Collaborates with the rest of the Living Learning Community staff and resident council to provide a supportive environment where students can thrive
- Dress and act professionally while representing the Goose Hollow community and CHNW during work shifts.
Performs additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Experience in resident life, housing, and/or property management is helpful, but not required
- Experience in leadership, team support, and/or supervision is helpful, but not required
The individual in this position is expected to possess and utilize their:
- People Skills: You are compassionate and patient with people. You have experience working effectively with, and in support of, diverse populations including members of LGBTQ+ communities, culturally and racially diverse individuals, and people with disabilities
- Critical Thinking Skills: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find aneffective and efficient workaround in even the most complex situations
- Teamwork Abilities: You’re able to work productively with the team and demonstrate collaborative
- communications and team problem-solving skills
- Confidential Skills: You understand the importance of confidentiality and know when information of the highest level requires the utmost care and discretion
- Maintain a valid Oregon Driver’s license
- Maintain a clean driving record and ability to meet federal and state driving standards
The following capabilities are required to perform the essential functions of this position:
The majority of work is completed in a general office environment with exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well- ventilated and fast-paced environment; continuously required to read a computer screen. Minimal travel is required, 5% or less; travel is regional in scope requiring travel by driving. Annual DMV Driving Record Background Check will be conducted from the start of employment.
This position will be open until filled.
Learn more about us, including the communities we serve and the benefits we offer at http://chnw.org/
College Housing Northwest is proud to be committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce that drives innovation and opens access to various perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, College Housing Northwest provides equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic background, or any characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Link to this job
Minimum Education Required