Details: Salary ranges from $80,000 - $85,000, depending on experience.
New York Cares
By developing programs that respond to pressing community needs, New York Cares—New York City’s leading volunteer management organization—provides a lifeline of support to our city’s most vulnerable residents. Last year, we mobilized 64,000 individual volunteers and hundreds of companies, civic and youth groups to help improve the lives of over 400,000 struggling New Yorkers. Our volunteers donate their time and talents at over 1,350 nonprofits across the five boroughs to help address issues related to education, urgent needs such as hunger and homelessness, and environmental revitalization.
New York Cares prides itself on a culture of excellence, defined by integrity, reliability and professionalism. We have been awarded The New York Times Nonprofit Excellence Award, which recognizes outstanding management practices, and the Peter F. Drucker Award for Nonprofit Innovation. The NonProfit Times, Crain’s New York, The Princeton Review and The Wall Street Journal have all recognized New York Cares as a top-notch employer.
The Salesforce Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the New York Cares’ Salesforce platform. This is an integral part of volunteer/donor/project tracking and data management for the organization. Examples of potential upcoming Salesforce projects include leading the migration from Classic to Lightning, updating our version of Nonprofit Start Pack, refactoring custom code relating to key annual events and collaborating with our web developer to improve our Salesforce/Drupal integration. The position will also collaborate with the other members of the four person technology team to meet all of the technology needs of New York Cares.
The position’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, triggers, and flows.
- Creating and troubleshooting customized reports and dashboards.
- Ensuring integrity of the system including ongoing duplicate consolidation.
- Developing on the Salesforce.com platform (Apex, Visualforce) and maintaining existing code.
- Refactoring code to improve performance and sustainability.
- Identifying and helping to implement improvements in our internal processes.
- Participating in Disaster Recovery and System Continuity planning, implementation, and testing.
- Assisting technology staff in responding to technical emergencies or outages.
- Developing training programs for all staff on Salesforce and other business tools.
A minimum of three years’ experience working as a Salesforce developer. You will have the technical skills listed below as well as the ability to become proficient in areas deemed necessary for the effective running of the organization in the future.
- Creation and customization of Salesforce Objects, Record Types, Page Layouts, Fields (including advanced formulas, lookups, and master-detail), Apps, Tabs, Profiles, Security, Users, Approval Processes, Workflow, Reports, and Dashboards.
- Knowledge of data validation and data cleanup techniques. Ability to import and extract data from Salesforce via tools such as the Data Loader or programmatically through APIs.
- Proficiency with Apex and Visualforce in relation to a Salesforce instance, as well as all Salesforce APIs.
- Knowledge of basic UX principles.
- MS Excel and MS Word, specifically when used to manipulate and analyze data.
- Comfort with collaborating with Technology department staff, and across the organization, to determine the most efficient and accurate solution to a problem.
- Effective and efficient project management skills.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal); Capable of translating technical jargon to non-technical staff and vice-versa.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours for planned down-time or emergency problem solving.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (201) and certified Salesforce Platform Developer I preferred.
We provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, life insurance, and ample paid time off.
Minimum Education Required