Development Operations Associate
Second Stage Theater
Second Stage Theater seeks a Development Operations Associate to serve as a core member of the Development team at one of New York’s premiere not-for-profit theater companies in a time of exciting expansion. The ideal candidate will have exemplary written/oral communication skills, excellent computer and database skills (knowledge of Tessitura is preferred), a strong attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, a sociable personality, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects at once. Bachelor’s Degree required, fundraising experience a plus. Generous benefits package including health/dental insurance, paid time off, Summer Fridays, and 401(k) plan with employer match included.
The role is being created to provide administrative and operational support across the Development Department, including Individual Giving, Institutional Partnerships, Events, and Database Strategy & Operations.
- All aspects of gift processing in Tessitura
- Acknowledging individual, institutional, and Board donations, and recognizing donors in print materials and media
- Assist in maintaining data hygiene, including updating donor records, identifying duplicate accounts, and reviewing data imports
- Assist in testing online behavior of donation systems (website, email, etc.)
- Assist with organizing and executing donor solicitation campaigns, including preparation of lists and printed materials
- Assist with managing Board relations, giving, correspondence, and ticket requests
- Scheduling Board and Committee meetings, and preparing materials and minutes
- Maintaining research on current and prospective donors and Trustees
- Collecting RSVPs and seating preferences for events
- Preparing briefs and attendee profiles for events and solicitation meetings
- Representing and assisting the department at fundraising and cultivation events, including occasional evenings and weekends
- A passion for theater and/or the performing arts
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Tessitura a plus but not required
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
- Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and in writing
- Ability to manage time appropriately, set priorities and tasks, and work efficiently on multiple projects
- Collaborative team player and problem-solver with a willingness to learn
About Second Stage
Second Stage Theater produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on- and off-Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists. Second Stage welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
Second Stage Theater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply. Send cover letter and resume to jobs@2ST.com with “Development Operations Associate” in the title of the email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Minimum Education Required