130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For 100 years, we have inspired New Yorkers to act on their values and invest in their community for the biggest impact. Thanks to our network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to deliver real solutions to real problems. Through a single gift, you can care for New Yorkers of all backgrounds and for Jews everywhere; connect people to their Jewish identity, and respond to crises around the world.
As UJA enters its second century, it is reimaging and expanding its local footprint. Recognizing the hyper local nature and unique identities of Jewish communities in the UJA catchment area as well as the growing imperative for organizations and leadership to engage in collective problem solving, UJA-Federation will be deploying a new team called “Mobile Resources.”
Team members will represent UJA in Westchester, building relationships with key organizations and constituents to help the local communities thrive. Members of the team will function in a hybrid role as conveners, community organizers, connectors and planners.
Interested candidates must be available to start no later than July 1, 2018.
The members of the Mobile Resources team will:
- Work with broader department to design, implement, and evaluate strategic goals and objectives for UJA in Westchester.
- Develop relationships with local stakeholders, including synagogues, schools, JCCs, agencies, grassroots initiatives and community members.
- Serve as an external UJA representative in Westchester communities, attending community events and meeting with professionals spearheading programing for the Jewish community.
- Work closely with the members of the Community Resources team to help advance the capacities of local leadership and organizations through relevant training, coaching and education.
- Participate in regional planning team and Advisory Council.
- Maintain a commitment to regional office colleagues and culture (planning and fundraising).
- Lead collaborative tables to solve for systemic and local communal challenges.
- Convene roundtables of key sectors and organizations in the community to foster ongoing collaborations.
- Connect local trends, needs and opportunities to funding strategies within Jewish Life, Caring and Network Departments at UJA. This includes presenting at internal UJA meetings, coordinating site visits for leadership and staff, and providing thought leadership for planning departments.
- Respond to local needs on the ground with new programmatic and grant funded initiatives, including developing and implementing localized strategies and programs to support communal needs.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to connect broad swaths of the community to UJA and its mission.
- Establish systems and structure for ongoing needs assessment in the local community, including Open Door Days and Listening Tours
- Work with UJA lay leadership on all of the above.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Minimum five years of related experience in strategic planning, community organizing, convening of networks, organizational change, and/or program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Familiarity with Jewish landscape in local communities; comfort working with professional and lay leaders of all denominations and backgrounds
- Ability to build effective collaborative relationships, both internal and external
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, dealing with changing priorities, emergent issues, multiple projects, and lay partners
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written
- Must be a flexible self-starter
- Must be articulate and able to represent the organization effectively, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- Presentation and facilitation skills a plus; prior management skills a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF