Assistant General Counsel & Senior Manager of Program Development
- Job posted by Association of Corporate Counsel
1001 G Street Northwest
District of Columbia
This position is responsible for developing world-class substantive in-person and online programming to educate, develop, and connect in-house counsel at the various stages of their career cycle.
This position requires legal expertise, creativity, project management skills, and entrepreneurial spirit to develop programming that positions ACC as the foremost source for in-house counsel – at every stage of their career and in every corner of the globe – seeking to learn, advance, and network in pursuit of success and fulfillment as legal and business professionals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assume lead responsibility and collaborate with other stakeholders for creating and developing substantive programming for in-house counsel at the various stages of their career cycle:
- Manage advisory boards for various ACC Education programs or program tracks, including, but not limited to, the ACC Corporate Counsel University and the ACC Mid-Year Meeting;
- Identify strategic topics, define sessions’ goals and format (to this effect and among other channels, attend ACC and/or non-ACC events to assess potential topics and formats);
- Conduct faculty outreach and selection campaign;
- Oversee speakers’ preparation work and provide guidance to speakers, as requested;
- Participate in onsite management of events implementation; and
- Supervise independent consultants and/or consultants engaged to provide administrative and or/substantive content assistance.
Collaborate with Senior Manager of Online Program Development to develop ACC’s substantive online programming curriculum.
In collaboration with Senior Manager of Online Program Development, execute the continuing education unit (CLE/CPD/CBE/CPE/etc.) strategy for ACC Education in-person and online programs.
Attend ACC and/or non-ACC educational events, both in-person and online to assess potential topics and formats for ACC resources and programs.
Develop programs that can be presented at ACC events and/or speak at ACC events (such as Chapter events) to highlight ACC resources and or services.
Develop and ensure implementation of business plans relating to the production of ACC Education events to members, as needed.
Establish and maintain usable process documents and other project management tools. Tailor documents and tools by project to support implementation of defined processes that ensure compliance and successful job completion.
- Program Development: Experience developing content and managing faculty for professional education events. Experience with securing Continuing Legal Education (CLE) / Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits for programming is strongly preferred.
- Project Management: Understands and enthusiastically applies principles of project management. Experience completing projects on time and under budget and collaborating with and directing others. Understands expected outcomes and inspects work of others to ensure results match expectations before accepting work as final.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to get along with diverse constituencies and personalities, including the Board, members, network chairs, chapter directors, staff, and contacts at external organizations. Candidate must demonstrate a genuine passion for delivering superb customer service to ACC members and stakeholders.
- Writing Expertise: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively through writing. Precise attention to detail required.
- Initiative: Can successfully direct significant courses of action on behalf of ACC; can work with a high degree of independence and make important and well-thought-out decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, autonomously, and under pressure. Strong sense of self awareness. Commitment to ongoing improvement (of yourself and your function). Sense of humor. Desire to be a part of a team that’s building something awesome. Desire and ability to work with volunteers effectively and represent ACC well.
- Directly manage one Program Development Coordinator and supervise independent contractors, vendors, law clerks, and temporary employees.
- Travels 1-2 times per year for the Annual Meeting and other meetings as determined by management.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS
- Open office layout. Desk job in normal/indoors office environment, with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fume vibrations, and temperature changes.
- Frequently works at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Other duties as assigned (see disclaimer below).
Level of Language Proficiency
ACC seeks to hire multi-lingual candidates with fluency in English and a second language, with a preference in French, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Arabic
Minimum Education Required