Details: • Compensation is commensurate with the role that this position represents for the theatre and your experience.
350 Twin Dolphin Drive
The Associate Director of Development fulfills a critical position at TheatreWorks. In addition to personally directing $1 million in contributions from a major gift portfolio (up to $50,000 capacity) of 200 donors (conducting 100 visits annually), the Associate Director specifically manages the Inner Circle campaign (annual gifts ranging from $1500-$9,999). This circle of donors includes nearly 250 households who collectively contribute $500,000 annually via multiple sources and solicitors. Comprised of many diverse households and with multiple interests, managing this campaign requires great attention to detail, expert solicitation management, impeccable cross-departmental collaboration skills, and innovative donor engagement. Finally, the Associate Director provides strategic leadership in partnership with the Director of Development, playing a significant role in their absence and in TheatreWorks’ multi-million 50thanniversary campaign (launching in 2019). Ultimately, the Associate Director impacts success via their ability to analyze and leverage data, employ expert relationship building skills, manage a comprehensive campaign, and provide insightful leadership.
· Consistently embody the mission and values of TheatreWorks, inspiring colleagues and community members to grow in their passion for the impact of TheatreWorks throughout the Bay are and nation.
· Successfully manage the Inner Circle (IC) campaign ($500,000 annually),setting goals, providing direction for solicitors, and managing events and stewardship programs for all IC members.
· Manage a personal portfolio of 200 prospects, inclusive of renewal and acquisition donors.
· Play a significant role in the success of the 50thAnniversary Campaign, launching in 2019
· Create a comprehensive annual and multi-year strategic plan, utilizing data-driven suggestions for future activity with strategies that are built upon institutional and national trends.
· Provide exceptional service to donors, specifically Inner Circle and Producer members who, with the help of the Stewardship Manager, receive access to unique partnership benefits.
· Maintain excellent relationships with Director of Development, Executive Director, and Artistic Director, providing clear action items, deadlines, and user-ready materials.
· Utilize company database (Tessitura) to accurately and efficiently update relevant donor records, including meaningful engagement information and strategic plans for solicitations.
· Support compelling, mission-driven donor events that grow relationships with current and new donors.
· In the absence of the DoD, serve as acting team leader.
· Demonstrated passion for TheatreWorks’ mission and the role of performing arts in society
· 5 years nonprofit development experience, with a strong focus on successful solicitation and management of donors who contribute up to $25,000 annually.
· History of effectively managing complex projects, requiring attention to detail and collaboration
· Proven ability to develop and leverage strong relationships with senior leadership team, staff, board, volunteers, donors and partners from all segments of the community
· Proven ability to inspire others (internal and external) via direct and indirect leadership
· Adopt a flexible working schedule that will include nights and/or weekends
· Demonstrated initiative and ability to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems and present ideas and solutions for meeting goals and overcoming challenges
· Build strong interpersonal relationships and maintain a positive, can-do-attitude with colleagues and Bay Area theatre community members
· Desire to grow professionally with a commitment to increased efficacy as a development leader
· Preferred knowledge of Silicon Valley and associated organizations, businesses, and individuals
· Willingness to leverage and expertly utilize Tessitura database
· Ability to provide clear tasks for senior leaders while tracking timelines and outcomes
· Master’s Degree preferred
Employee benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, floating holidays, and a retirement plan. In addition, all employees receive complimentary tickets to all TheatreWorks' productions along with reciprocity at numerous theaters across the Bay Area. This position may also benefit from remote and flexible working schedules.
Minimum Education Required