1301 York Rd
Over the past 100 years the Mental Health Association of Maryland (MHAMD) has been providing community education and training programs to Marylanders of all ages with information to improve understanding of behavioral health and illness, increase knowledge of effective interventions and strengthen pathways to care. MHAMD is seeking a strong Program Manager who can work collaboratively with community partners to engage Marylanders in behavioral health and wellness initiatives impacting children and families, older adults and other initiatives.
Manages and supports the MHAMD’s education and outreach programs. Develops community partnerships and resources to support youth and family programs, aging initiatives and other education programs as directed. Reports to the Senior Director, Public Education & Outreach.
- Demonstrated skills in implementing and managing programs
- Experience in collaborative projects
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- Excellent written communication skills including prior experience conceptualizing, writing and producing publications and other educational materials
- Website and social media content experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral communication and team building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with and motivate diverse groups of individuals
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Enjoys fast-paced work environment with varied duties
- Knowledge of and interest in mental health issues preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Manage education and outreach programming for youth and families, including:
- Strategic planning, program development and collaboration
- Establishing and maintaining community partnerships
- Implementation of community education, grassroots outreach, events, training and media programming
- Support education and outreach initiatives including but limited to:
- Adult/Older Adult Programs
- Community-based events
- MHAMD special events
- Prepare outreach materials, educational brochures, correspondence and complementary web and social media content as needed
- Publicly represent MHAMD on committees and planning groups
- Instruct Mental Health First Aid and conduct mental health presentations to large groups
- Other duties as assigned
This is a full time position and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5pm. Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand. Reliable transportation and the ability to lift 25lbs is required. Ability to speak Spanish preferred but not required.
Non-exempt. Full Time. Benefits include vacation, sick, personal, floating holidays and (10) holidays, life insurance, long-term disability, pension, medical, dental and vision insurance, and flexible savings account.
Benefits include vacation, sick, personal, floating holidays and (10) holidays, life insurance, long-term disability, pension, medical, dental and vision insurance, and flexible savings account.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Send a cover letter noting your interest with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Attention: Susan Linkous at MHAMD 1301 York Road, Suite 505, Lutherville, MD 21093 by October 26, 2018. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.