Phinney Neighborhood Association Mission
The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build, engage, and support our diverse community through programs, services, and activities that connect neighbors and foster civic engagement.
The PNA is committed to building a culture of equity and inclusion, believing that a diversity of Staff, Board, and programming is essential to achieving our mission. We are looking for someone who is willing to work with and challenge this organization and the community to be our most respectful, accepting, and sympathetic selves.
The Whittier Kids Lead Teacher position is responsible for planning and implementing activities in a high quality, licensed child care and enrichment program with an emphasis on play oriented, developmentally appropriate programming and standardized safety practices. The hours listed (37.5 a week) reflect the Whittier Kids summer camp session, June 17 – August 26. Work hours for this position will be adjusted when school is in session in September and Whittier Kids resumes afterschool and school break programming. Top candidates will be collaborative, intentional, and resilient teachers whose experience and philosophy closely aligns with an emphasis on individualized, play based, inclusive programming and practices.
Under the supervision of the Whittier Kids Director, Lead Teachers work as classroom team leaders.
· Creating developmentally appropriate environments, themes, and curriculum to support a wide variety of learning objectives that adhere to a play-based philosophy and speak to the needs and interests of the unique classroom community
· Supervising and facilitating activities and areas that promote positive learning experiences for the children in a harmonious, safe, and caring environment
· Maintaining appropriate standards for the children’s behavior using non-punitive methods that teach self-regulation while supporting children’s self-esteem, promoting mutual respect, and modeling problem-solving skills
· Complying with individual measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19, including wearing a clean mask, frequent handwashing, physical distancing and taking temperature before work and upon arrival
· Following WAC procedures and King County Public Health Department requirements to maintain safe and sanitary conditions in the classroom to prevent the spread of illness
· Demonstrating awareness and responsiveness to DCYF licensing requirements described in Chapter 110-300 of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC)
· Consulting with the Director when difficult or unfamiliar situations arise
· Maintaining a professional personal appearance as a representative of Phinney Neighborhood Association while on the Whittier Elementary campus
· Building strong community bonds through cooperation and collaboration with all Whittier Kids students, staff and families
· Engaging in ongoing supportive communication with parents, including offering opportunities for parent teacher conferences
· Actively participating on the Whittier Kids Leadership Team
· Collaborating with the Director on trainings, special events, and long-term planning
· Attending and contributing to regular staff meetings and trainings
· Assisting with classroom upkeep and snack preparation
· Working as a dynamic and positive member of the Whittier Kids team
· Bachelor’s degree with Early Childhood Education (ECE) credits is preferred
· Two years of experience and proven success working with school age children (ages 5 -12)
• Experience as a Lead Teacher is preferred
• Ability to delegate teaching responsibilities in a respectful, collaborative manner
• Proven ability to practice positive guidance techniques
• Experience with the process of documenting observations is preferred
• Knowledge of the David P. Weikart School-Age Program Quality Initiative is preferred
• Ability to pass national criminal background check
• Current certification of CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens Instruction, within two weeks of hire
• Documented negative TB test, within one week of hire
• Food Handler’s Permit, within one week of hire
• Excellent decision making and critical thinking skills
• Team-orientation and appreciation for the community-building mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association
Phinney Neighborhood Association Mission
The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build, engage, and support our diverse community through programs, services, and activities that connect neighbors and foster civic…
Health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; and 8 paid holidays.
Health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with…
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to candidates who apply by May 10, 2021 at 5 pm.
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to email@example.com. Preference will be given to candidates who…