1800 M St NW
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Major Gifts Assistant to join our Development team. EMILY’s List has raised over $500 million to support pro-choice Democratic women candidates – making them one of the most successful political organizations ever. Our grassroots community of over five million members helps Democratic women wage competitive campaigns – and win. We recruit and train candidates, support strong campaigns, research the issues that impact women and families, and turn out women voters. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 116 women to the House, 23 to the Senate, 12 governors, and over 800 to state and local office. Forty percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Since the 2016 election, thousands of women and counting have reached out to us about running for office. To harness this energy, EMILY’s List has launched Run to Win, an unprecedented effort to help more women run and win at the local, state, and national levels.
The EMILY’s List Major Gifts Assistant will responsible for supporting the Major Gifts and Majority Council Teams in the EMILY's List Development Department.
- Maintain development database and handle donor information;
- Assist Major Gifts and Majority Council teams with data entry;
- Assist with identifying prospect and upgrade targets;
- Assist in the production of call sheets and briefing documents as needed;
- Conduct donor research;
- Provide assistance leading up to and day of for small and large fundraisers as needed;
- Conduct donor and venue vetting;
- Take meeting notes;
- Assist with fundraising team requests and major donor inquiries;
- Enter and maintain donor pledges and contributions in the development
- Prepare briefing materials for donor meetings and events;
- Serve as call time back-up for the Major Gifts Manager as needed;
- Serve as back-up for the other Major Gifts Assistant as needed;
- Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a self-starter, be incredibly organized, and have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. Experience in Excel and Raiser’s Edge is a plus. The ideal candidate must show strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff as well as a commitment and passion to elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org- subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com- subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.