SeeBeyondBorders’ primary focus is to improve education standards in Cambodia, providing children with access to quality teaching and learning at school. SeeBeyondBorders is a registered charity in Australia and the UK and operates as a registered international non-government organisation in Cambodia. Operating in two provinces in north west Cambodia, SeeBeyondBorders conducts programs to teach teachers, engage parents and communities to support and encourage their children to get to school. In the work we do in schools and in the way we run the organisation, our aim is to build capability within Cambodia so that ultimately SeeBeyondBorders becomes the professional development provider of choice.
CEO and Country Manager, Cambodia
Type of Employment
Full-time (12 month contract, 2 year agreement preferred)
Place of Employment
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Responsibility for Values
Active commitment to the SeeBeyondBorders Development Philosophy and values;
Changemaker | Competency | Integrity | Courage | Respect |
SeeBeyonders is looking for a qualified Program Monitoring and Compliance Manager to join our growing team. The main responsibilities of the Program Monitoring and Compliance Manager are:
1. To support SeeBeyondBorders’ Cambodian staff and particularly the Operations Manager, with program management and evaluation of all projects, including assistance with reporting our achievements to all internal and external stakeholders.
2. To build a culture of compliance with operational process requirements as dictated by professional associations, donor requirements and best practice, including maintenance of policies and policy compliance.
3. To be responsible for compliance reporting against both the ACFID Code of Conduct and ANCP requirements and play a crucial role in applying for and managing full ANCP accreditation.
Qualities, qualifications and experience
- Fluent written and spoken English (likely to be a first language)
- Experience managing complex projects and meeting deadlines (ideally in conjunction with a project management system)
- Good communicator both written and oral across cultures
- Demonstrably strong data analysis skills
- At least five years work experience in a structured organisation – either NFP or commercial environment – where compliance and associated procedures were a prerequisite.
- Independent and resilient, self-motivated while being a team player
- Competence in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Able to mentor / coach and play a key leadership role
- Experience monitoring and evaluating projects
- Experience in Child Protection / Inclusion
- Experience with Log Frame Analysis
- ACFID and ANCP experience
- Staff management experience
- Working experience in South-East Asia
- Managing data-bases
- Staff training and development
- Passion for development
- Interest in issues relating to developing countries
- Good organisational skills
- Broad minded, practical, flexible and creative
- Proactive in approach to problem solving
Tasks and responsibilities
Program monitoring / management related – working with and coaching the Operations Manager and other key Leadership Team members
· Work alongside the Operation Manager and other local staff to help develop local project management capabilities ensuring procedural documentation is developed and followed to provide evidence of our following our own and recognised good practice project management
· Coordinate and collaborate with local staff to implement an appropriate project management system to track project progress against forecast, incorporating existing time management systems and processes.
· Assist and coach operations team with improving levels of both quantitive and qualitative analysis of project results. Help to improve project monitoring and evaluation, review and provide input to data collection and storage, analysis and reporting processes – assist with considering comparisons, identifying trends and determining progress towards goals.
· Assist with communication of project progress and results to appropriate members of the team.
· Assist Operations Manager with annual program review process and documentation especially where process revisions and improvements are required
· Assist Operations Manager to maintain and update program documentation as and when required using G suite effectively
· Be across SeeBeyondBorders policies and review compliance with all relevant managers. Prepare a schedule for each area as relevant.
· Develop, write or modify policies as required. Maintain a policy register for review.
· Provide oversight for both: a) our internal behavioural related policies; and b) our external community and beneficiary related policies impacting project design and delivery with particular attention to Child and Vulnerable People Protection, Safeguarding and Inclusion.
· Ensure specific compliance requirements relating to donors or associations are reflected in Policy and processes
· Take responsibility for compliance with requirements of both ACFID and ANCP including any associated reporting. Assist the Chief of Staff with the development of the next ANCP accreditation application ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are complete and evidence of compliance is being appropriately recorded and maintained.
· Work with Chief of Staff on obtaining local CCC compliance certification and developing a local registered NGO in Cambodia as our project implementing partner.
·Review the filing and accessibility of key program and project information and documentation, ensuring appropriate version control and security is provide in the filing system.
· Provide linguistic support for the Cambodian staff in English as necessary
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and additional tasks may be asked of the successful candidate at times, that sit outside these main duties. The nature of this role will be varied and other duties may be requested by the senior leadership team or the CEO to support the small SeeBeyondBorders team in rural Cambodia.
40 hours per week, 5 days a week. Flexible working hours will be considered, however, adherence to SeeBeyondBorders working hours is preferred.
SeeBeyondBorders’ primary focus is to improve education standards in Cambodia, providing children with access to quality teaching and learning at school. SeeBeyondBorders is a registered charity in Australia…
Fluent in English
Ability to speak Khmer would be beneficial
Fluent in English
Ability to speak Khmer would be beneficial
A CV and a cover letter (no more than 5 pages total) detailing how your experience fits the qualifications required for this role from the Job Description should be submitted by email to email@example.com, using the subject line: ‘PMCM - Idealist - Your Name’
Your covering letter should include a statement answering the following questions: Have you ever been charged with child exploitation or abuse offences? If so please detail the charges and outcomes.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and suitable candidates may be contacted prior to the posting end date.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No feedback will be provided on unsuccessful applications.
SeeBeyondBorders does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Any offer made by SeeBeyondBorders will be subject to the candidate providing a Working with Children Check or local equivalent and passing any reference or other third party checks deemed necessary by SeeBeyondBorders. The candidate will also be asked to sign our Children and Vulnerable People Protection Policy and our Code of Conduct.
SeeBeyondBorders is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Women, individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and people with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
A CV and a cover letter (no more than 5 pages total) detailing how your experience fits the qualifications required for this role from the Job Description should be submitted by…