Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Director of Finance to serve as part of the senior leadership team and manage the financial operations of one of the nation’s most prestigious nonprofit theatre institutions. For nearly fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway's restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
The Director of Finance manages the financial operations of MTC’s $27 million budget. This individual oversees MTC’s operating and investment funds, develops cash management strategies, and provides accurate and timely financial reporting to all departments within the organization so that each can effectively and strategically manage their respective programs. The Director also prepares all financial reports needed for executive staff and Board of Directors and collaborates closely with The General Manager and HR. This position will report to the Executive Producer and manages a team of three.
· Financial Operations. Manages the accounting function, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash flow. Negotiates and manages working relationships with financial & banking entities and manages MTC’s credit lines.
· Financial Reporting. Maintains timely and accurate financial statements, forecasts and budget reports that are in accordance with nonprofit generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Ensures all annual, quarterly, and periodic filings to national, state, and local entities are completed. Oversees revenue recognition and tracking. Prepares all supporting information for the annual audit, responsible for managing audit and tax returns processes and filings. Assists the Executive Producer and the Chair of the Finance Committee with financial analysis and reporting as required.
· Board Committees. Functions as a staff representative to the Board Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees. Provides the Finance Committee and the Board with quarterly reports on the financial performance of the organization; works closely with Executive Producer in preparing financial materials for Board review. Responsible for the presentation of financial statements to the Board and its committees and responding to related inquires & requests for additional information/analysis.
· Compliance. Ensures that recordkeeping and record retention in the organization complies with applicable laws, regulations, and contractual obligations. Ensures full compliance with grant requirements, funder covenants, and governmental regulations.
· Process Management. Ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures. Identifies and undertakes opportunities inside the Finance department for process improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement that lead to improvements in productivity, quality, and customer service for internal and external customers.
· Risk Management. Maintains the corporate insurance portfolio including D&O, E&O, and property.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
· Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and 7- 10 years’ experience working in a similar large institutional theatre or performing arts organization OR an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
· The ability to work well with artistic and other non-financial types and facilitate the communication necessary to complete complicated projects.
· Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP, particularly of different types of revenue recognition.
· Excellent skill in financial planning and analysis.
· Demonstrated strength in presenting information effectively and responding to needs and questions from different internal and external audiences.
· Ability to formulate, initiate and administer policies and procedures for effective fiscal control.
· Experience with Microsoft Great Plains accounting software and Tessitura a plus.
· Track record of success in developing a collaborative working environment and implementing integrated systems within finance and accounting that promote accountability and streamlined processes.
· Ability to complete responsibilities accurately and in a timely manner, often with strict and/or conflicting deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Director of Finance to serve as part of the senior leadership team and manage the…
This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary dental coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and optional 401(K) and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependent care and commuting expenses.
This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary…
Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: email@example.com with “Director of Finance” and your last name in the subject (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format).
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We have made it a priority to create and maintain an environment that is attractive to and supportive of all individuals regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, military or veteran status, etc. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Finance” and your last name in the subject (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format…