The National Women’s Law Center seeks an Accounting Associate to join it’s Accounting and Finance Team. The Accounting Associate plays a key role in maintaining the organization’s financial records and systems. The Accounting Associate will process contracts, vendor invoices, as well as cash receipts for the National Women’s Law Center and its affiliates.
About the Organization
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
· Set up and maintain contracts/PO’s in accounting system
· Review, organize and process vendor invoices and employee expenses (credit card and reimbursable), including coding to proper account and project using the billing automated system and expense reporting software.
· Process and prepare ACH payments
· Maintain files and documentation, such as invoices, contracts and W-9 forms in accordance with Center policy.
· Investigate and resolve payable issues with vendors and program leads
· Assist in preparing adjustment journal entries and journal entries related to the month end close process, including reconciling Accounts Payable and Employee Reimbursement subledgers
· Summarize historical information in preparation for NWLC’s annual audit. Prepare annual 1099 forms and electronic files
· Review and record all cash receipts ensuring accuracy of methodology and accounting
· Assist in gathering proper restricted funds backup, prepare and enter invoices in AR module.
· Process check deposits using remote deposit capture
· Assist the Senior Grant Accountant in reconciling contributions/grants regularly to ensure recording of all contributions/grants
· Assist in the maintenance of donor/grant customer accounts
· Prepare adjustment journal entries and journal entries related to month end and close process as needed
· Assist in preparing audit schedules
· Assist in developing process documentation for all processes, where needed.
· Automate and streamline processes to enhance accuracy of data while minimizing manual efforts
· Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, diverse and inclusive team setting, remaining flexible, resourceful and proactive
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
· Genuine passion for and understanding of the mission of the National Women’s Law Center and gender justice
The Accounting Associate will report to the Manager, Cash and Payables. The Associate will collaborate with other Finance and Development team members, as well as the VP of Finance and Administration.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an Accounting Associate to join it’s Accounting and Finance Team. The Accounting Associate plays a key role in maintaining the organization’s financial records and systems. The Accounting…
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications, a resume and three supervisory references. Resumes should include exact start and end dates (month and year) of employment. Please send application materials via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications, a resume and three supervisory references. Resumes should include exact…