Details: Hourly salary depends on experiene
360 Pear Blossom Drive
Junior Achievement Capstone Programs are housed in JANJ’s brand new Education Center in Edison, NJ, where over 13,000 NJ students will come this school year for hands on educational experiences. The JANJ Capstone Team is seeking Associates to help facilitate field trips for the Capstone programs – JA BizTown and JA Finance Park. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about program management, and to interact with school administration, corporate executives, volunteer mentors and impact thousands of NJ students.
JA BizTown Description: JA BizTown is an educational experience for 4th through 6th grade students that helps schools meet state standard. After the classroom learning, students role play as adults operating a mini economy and take on the challenge of running businesses guided by trained business and community volunteers. Students get hands-on experience as both employees and consumers, paying rent, taxes and utilities, purchasing insurance, depositing paychecks and buying other business’ products, and more. Click here to see JA BizTown in action (video taken at former facility).
JA Finance Park Description: JA Finance Park is an educational experience for 7th through 12th grade students that helps schools meet state standards and graduation requirements. After implementing teacher taught classroom lessons on Financial Literacy, registered schools come to the facility to put their new knowledge into action. Students role play as adults for the day with a fictional life scenario where they must budget, pay bills and make wise consumer choices. Corporate and community volunteers leave a meaningful impact as they mentor student groups throughout the day. Click Here to see JA Finance Park in action (video taken at former facility).
Capstone Program Associates can support either or both Capstone programs. Please indicate your preference when applying. Associates with be fully trained by JA staff prior to leading their first field trip.
- Program Associates are friendly, organized individuals who help to manage the field trip flow and schedule.
- Program Associates facilitate the overall quality and effectiveness of the field trip for students, teachers, volunteers, sponsors and community partners. This includes but is not limited to:
- greeting and training volunteers, managing student arrival (approx. 60-100 students per day); assisting students and volunteers with technology, providing structure and support throughout the simulation for volunteers, teachers and students, securing essential data and feedback.
- Program Associates can work a flexible schedule. Required hours are 8:00am-3:00pm, 2-4 days per week and the weekly schedule may vary.
- Clean-up and set up for next day’s operation (resetting the program, software, and supplies.) are included during these hours.
- Field trips run from December 2018 – June 2019.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled.
- Public speaking skills.
- Energetic (This fast paced, high-energy program requires candidates to be on their feet.)
- Quick thinking - Problem solver.
- Reliable and adaptable.
- People Oriented – comfortable with middle and high school students and corporate/parent volunteers.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Technology Proficient.
Experience in education or business and/or familiarity with NJ schools and businesses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume to Stephanie Karpowicz, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your email if you would like to work with BizTown, Finance Park, or both programs.