Museum of Science
Associate Director of Donor Relations
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
Under the general direction of the Director of Donor Relations, the Associate Director will assist in the development, implementation and management of an institution-wide comprehensive stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. This position’s role is to sustain positive and mutually-rewarding relations between the Museum and its donors; partner with development directors to determine strategies for effective stewardship of donors; maintain ongoing and active networking with internal and external constituencies; coordinate recognition events for major gift donors and coordinate various activities for the Museum’s leadership and planned giving donor societies. The position reports to the Director of Donor Relations and includes supervisory responsibility for the Donor Relations Officer and one intern per semester.
- Provides oversight and direct management of two (2) staff as pertains to the strategic design, operations and logistics of all donor relations
- Assists the Director of Donor Relations in the mentorship and training of three (3) additional team members consistent with the Donor Relations Department and Division policies and procedures
- Supports the projections and development of the annual Donor Relations budget of approximately $1,100,000 and the associated management of expenses for up to 20 individual project codes
- Partners with event coordinators to facilitate 10-15 donor recognition and stewardship programs annually
- Oversees and creates content for an annual stewardship calendar with up to 100 engagement activities or communications
- Develops, oversees and manages 25-50 stewardship plans per year, including those focused on major individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Facilitates relationships with 25-50 internal colleagues to expand awareness and utilization of museum programming to our five (5) giving societies with up to 1,000 members each
- Manages relationships with up to 200 volunteers and donors in relations to 5-10 affinity groups and 10-20 designated funds
- Recruits and maintains relationships with 5-20 individual internal and external vendors
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week.
Director, Donor Relations
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree.
- 5 or more years of Donor Relations and Stewardship experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in the field of Donor Relations, specifically in the areas of gift acceptance, acknowledgement, recognition and donor stewardship
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with a team of one or more staff members
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage large-scale projects independently, synthesize data, and project execution within established time constraints
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated responsibility for maintaining strict confidentiality and adherence to security protocols, including electronic processes
- Proven computer skills and knowledgeable on all MS Office Suite programs
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.