Social Media Manager
We are looking for a passionate and driven Social Media Manager who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities through various social media platforms. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for content creation and social engagement across all our social platforms. This person should have strong writing skills and the ability toanalyze social media data to develop effective campaigns.
This position will work closely with the Donor Relations and Marketing/Grassroots Managers and report to the Executive Director on brand messaging.This position will be held at either our Charlotte, NC office or New York City, NY office.
- Social media management across multiple platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Instagram Stories).
- Drive social sharing and engagement to new heights via engaging, creative, timely content.
- Oversee Social Channel design and content creation (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Develop and execute annual, quarterly and monthly social media strategic plans and provide monthly reporting on analytics and growth.
- Develop and show progress against social media metrics dashboard for all platforms regularly
- Stay current on and implement applicable Social Media trends and developments.
- Work with Founder/President and Executive Director to set communication strategies and tone that will both engage past supporters and seek out new supporters.
- Creates opportunities to reach new audiences with the mission of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
- Manage content library.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 5 years of communications, social media or marketing experience, preferably in a non-profit or social-good environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and growth of social media platforms.
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Facebook’s advertising platform is required.
- Graphic design capabilities is preferred but not required.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite programs is preferred.
- Experience in email marketing software such as Active Campaign, Mailchimp, or Constant Contact is preferred.
- Ability to work with a team and collaborate with employees of all levels.
- Strong judgment skills; ability handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Outgoing personality, enjoys working with people, creative and energetic, able to juggle many balls at one. time and enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter and team player with a "can do" attitude.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends and ability to travel to events and offsite when requested.
**IMPORTANT - When you submit your resume, please include a case study of a social media campaign you have worked on – include the objective of the campaign, the goals, the metrics for how you measured success, the outcome, and the learnings. Send these to us with a cover letter that highlights and further details other experiences you would like to share.
Founded in 2008, the mission of Cookies for Kids' Cancer is to raise funds for research to develop new, improved and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer, the one number disease killer of children in the U.S. We provide inspiration and support for individuals, businesses and organizations to raise funds through grassroots fundraising, annual events, and more. Over the past 10 years, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer has granted nearly $15 million (and counting) to childhood cancer research, funding 100 research grants, resulting in new treatments now in clinical trial and available to children today.
Revenues: $2 million to $5 million annually
For more information, please visitwww.cookiesforkidscancer.org
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
5 sick-personal leave/paid time off days per year
10 paid holidays
Health and welfare benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter with your application.