American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator to be responsible for processing invoices and vouchers to create checks for daily distribution to staff members and outside vendors. Maintain files of paid invoices and check documentation.
1. Process invoices to create payments
- Enter all invoices and vouchers on a daily schedule
- Arrange invoices in batches according to payment type and company
- Assemble payments (checks and EFT) and distribute checks
- Assist AP Manager with invoice and voucher verification.
- Create and maintain files for paid invoices and vouchers
- File storage copies of checks for archival records annually
- File W-9 tax forms
- Assist with inquiries from staff regarding disposition of pending payments
- Verify statements and specific bill copies to either proceed with payment process or indicate payment had been made
- Assist with annual corporate audit
4. Secondary processing and research.
- Process all credit applications for the College/Congress and maintain an electronic closed application file
- Assist AP Manager with reconciliation of outstanding checks
5. Generate AP back up for wire transfers
6. Create and maintain an electronic contract file
7. All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two- year degree in Bookkeeping/Accounting; 4-year degree preferred
- Minimum of two years of data entry experience
- Candidate must have strong skills in data entry in network processing. Should have strong knowledge of Word and Excel. Experience with MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) software a plus
- Candidate should be detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Should possess strong interpersonal skills that will enhance the ability to coordinate with staff and vendors
- Our passionate team! Our team is led by experts in reproductive and maternal-fetal medicine, patient safety, and health care policy. We strongly believe in equal access for all women to high quality, safe health care. Our obsession with reducing maternal mortality, protecting access to contraception coverage, and addressing health disparities, has led to great strides in federal and state legislation. Join our team and help us advance the ob-gyn profession and women's health care.
- We love to learn! As an educational organization, ACOG provides learning opportunities to members and employees alike. Our learning opportunity benefits include tuition reimbursement, onsite instructor-led trainings, leadership development programs, and participation in professional organizations.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Work/Life Design (i.e. flexible work schedule) – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Health Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Minimum Education Required